Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
The Governor Returned ‘The Jharkhand Definition of Local Persons and for Extending the Consequential Social, Cultural and Other Benefits to Such Local Persons Bill, 2022’,
Why In News?
- On January 29, 2023, on behalf of the Hemant Soren Government of Jharkhand, on the 'The Jharkhand Definition of Local Persons and for Extending the Consequential Social, Cultural and Other Benefits to Such Local Persons Bill, 2022’, related to the Khatian based local policy of 1932. Governor Ramesh Bais has returned it for review.
- Governor has asked the state While returning the bill, the government to seriously review the legality of this bill so that it is in accordance with the Constitution and in accordance with the orders and instructions of the Supreme Court.
- It is worth mentioning that the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, Congress and Rashtriya Janata Dal (JMM-Congress-RJD) Mahagathbandhan government headed by Hemant Soren has extended 'The Jharkhand Definition of Local Persons and for Extending the Consequential Social, Cultural and Other Benefits to Such Local Persons Bill, 2022’, was passed by voice vote on November 11, 2022, and sent to the Governor for approval.
- The Bill had stated that local persons in Jharkhand shall be called those who are citizens of India and reside within the territorial and geographical boundaries of Jharkhand. The names of his ancestors 1932 are recorded in the Survey/khatian of or earlier.
- The Bill also states that only local persons identified under the Act will be entitled to class III and IV government jobs in the state.
- The review of the Bill found that article 16 of the Constitution guarantees equal rights to all citizens in terms of employment. According to Article 16(3) of the Constitution, only Parliament has the right to impose any kind of condition in the matter of employment under Section 35(A) under a special provision. The State Legislature does not have this power.
- It is noteworthy that in AVS Narasimha Rao and others v. Andhra Pradesh and others (AIR 1970 SC 422) it has also been clearly explained that the right to impose any kind of condition in the matter of employment is vested only in the Indian Parliament. Thus, this bill is against the provision of the constitution and the order of the Supreme Court.
- Jharkhand is a scheduled area under the State, which falls under the Fifth Schedule. Clear guidelines have been issued by the Constitutional Bench of the Supreme Court about giving reservation in employment to 100 percent local persons in the said areas. In this order also, the Supreme Court had declared the powers vested in the Governor to impose conditions of appointments in scheduled areas contrary to Article 16 of the Constitution.
- In Satyajit Kumar vs State of Jharkhand, the Supreme Court had declared 100 per cent reservation given by the state in scheduled areas as unconstitutional. The Law Department had clarified that the provisions of the Bill in question were contrary to the Constitution and the orders of the Supreme Court. It has also been said that such provisions are not in accordance with the orders passed by the Supreme Court and The Jharkhand High Court.
- The Law Department also said that such a provision clearly of Part III Articles 14, 15, 16(2) appears to be inconsistent and adversely affected by the fundamental right guaranteed in of the Indian Constitution, of the Indian Constitution Article 13 which would also be affected by and would give rise to unnecessary debates.
Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
DAV Bokaro's Ana Sinha and Ishaan Kumar Jha Selected for INSPIRE Award
Why In News?
- Recently, Ana Sinha of class 9 and Ishan Kumar Jha of class 6 of DAV Public School Sector-06 have been selected for the INSPIRE Award by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. Both the participants will represent the society, state and nation with the help of science and technology.
- Ana Sinha has completed her search on the topic portable and folding table. The portable and folding table made by them is useful in the reading and reading of the students. Using this table, students work in the right posture. You can easily open or bend it. You can also keep the necessary documents and goods in it. It is a table made of wood.
- At the same time, Ishan Kumar Jha has created hands bag with sensor. Through this, when the bag is stolen, it is immediately detected through the sensor. If it is also used in other places, then its information is immediately available while opening or keeping it through the sensor. In view of the incident of theft of bags happening every day, Ishaan has worked to find a solution to this problem.
- It is noteworthy that in order to increase the interest of students towards science and technology, the Central Government has started INSPIRE awards standard scheme. This scheme is for the students of 6th to 10th class of all recognized government and private schools across the country.
- Students selected for the INSPIRE Awards Standard Scheme of the Central Government are given 10-10 thousand rupees. This amount is transferred to their account.
- Under the INSPIRE Awards Standard Scheme, 10 thousand students at the state level district level and 1 thousand students are selected at the, while from all over the country1 lakh students are selected.
- Under this scheme, students must prepare a model. The model selected at the national level is displayed in the Enforcement Festival held at Rashtrapati Bhavan. The selected students are given the award by the President.
- Under this scheme, the student who is selected at the science national level is given a cash prize money. At the same time, selected students get the opportunity to travel abroad.
- The main objective of this scheme is to increase awareness of science among students through this competition.
Switch to Hindi