Why In News?
On January 26, 2023, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren honored dependent wives of three freedom fighters at a function organized in the state's sub-capital Dumka on 74th Republic Day.
- Chief Minister Hemant Soren freedom fighter self. Chandravati Devi, wife of Dhaneshwar Mandal (Village- Bandari, Block- Saraiyahat, District- Dumka), Late. Patru Rai's wife Parvatia Devi (Village- Parasdah, Block- Saraiyahat, District- Dumka) and self. Dasaratha Rai's wife Sarotiya Devi (Village- Delipathar, Block- Ramgarh, District- Dumka) was honoured.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister gave the first prize to the SSB 35 Battalion and information and public relations department tableau participating in the Republic Day parade. Apart from this, officers and personnel who have done better work were also honored.
- The award-winning parade contingent:
- First Prize - SSB 35 Battalion
- 2nd Prize - IRB- 1 Jamtara
- 3rd Prize - NCC, Dumka
- The tableaus of these departments received awards:
- First Prize - District Information and Public Relations Department, Dumka
- 2nd Prize - District Industries Department
- 3rd Prize – District Rural Development Agency and Forest Department
- Officers and workers who were honored for their good work - Block Development Officer of Shikaripada Santosh Kumar Chaudhary, Savita Kumari (ANM), Lakhpati Devi (Servant), Rajeev Ranjan (Driver), Vikas Kumar Agarwal (Painting).
Switch to Hindi