Why In News?
On 27 January 2023, Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Chairman M. Devraj said that with the issuance of 1.47 crore new electricity connections in just eight years, Uttar Pradesh has become the state with the highest electricity consumers in the country. Uttar Pradesh is followed by Maharashtra at number two and Tamil Nadu at number three.
- The number of domestic consumers in Uttar Pradesh is 2.74 crore, about 2.40 crore in Maharashtra and about 2.20 crore in Tamil Nadu. The total number of consumers in Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu is said to be around three crores, which is 23 to 25 lakhs less than Uttar Pradesh.
- Power Corporation Chairman M. Devraj said that in the last eight years, more than 1.8 crore families of the state have come out of Dhibri and Lantern era. A record of new electricity connections has also been made in the state during this period.
- It is known that till the year 2014, there were a total of about 1.42 crore consumers, electricity reached the homes of the year 2014 and November 2022 in the state, while between 1.8 crore new consumers in the state. Along with electricity, fans, coolers, Acs's refrigerators, TVs and other electronic devices also reached these families.
- M. Devraj said that the improvement in the living conditions of the people of the state can also be understood that in the year 2014 the maximum demand of electricity was recorded at 12327 MW, which reached 26589 MW in 2022. If the electricity connections more than doubled, the consumption also increased at the same pace.
- The state government has started a campaign to provide electricity connection to every household, as a result of which one crore 47 lakh 90 thousand new connections have been given since 2017. A major role in this was played by giving connections under the 'Saubhagya Yojana'.
- The Chairman of Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation said that between 2017 and 2021, 62.18 lakh connections were given in the state under the 'Saubhagya Yojana'. Government of India Ministry of Energy had also awarded Uttar Pradesh for giving more connections in this scheme.
- He said that the power system is being further improved under the 'Revamped Scheme' in the state. Work has been started on many schemes ranging from power generation to distribution. In the coming days, every consumer of the state will get uninterrupted electricity.
Bihar Ranks First in the Country in Prime Minister's Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises Scheme (PMFME)
Why In News?
On 27 January 2022, Sandeep Poundrik, Principal Secretary, Bihar Industries Department, informed that Bihar ranks first in the country in implementing the Prime Minister's ambitious entrepreneur scheme 'Pradhan Mantri Formulation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises Scheme (PMFME)'.
- According to Principal Secretary Sandeep Poundrick, Bihar has so far approved the highest number of loan cases in the country at 450. In the last two financial years (2020-21 and 2021-22), only 20 loan cases were approved across Bihar. In the current financial year, the target is to get 2050 loans approved in Bihar.
- Compared to Bihar, 205 loan cases have been approved in Maharashtra and in Telangana 296 so far in the current financial year. The situation in the rest of the States is even weaker.
- Bihar had sent the 16-23 highest number of applications to banks under the PMFME scheme in the week of January 2023. However, the acceptance rate is weak compared to applications.
- Under the PMFME scheme, more attention is given to food processing such as Mini Rice Mill, Flower Mill, Pickle Unit, Papad Unit, Makhana Unit, Noodle/Pasta Unit etc. In this also, up to 35 percent subsidy is given.
- The five districts of Bihar accounted for the highest number of cases in PMFME — Samastipur (46), Nalanda (30), Patna (24), Muzaffarpur (22) and Siwan (18).
- The objective of the scheme is to promote the competitiveness of existing individual micro enterprises in the unorganized sector of food processing industry. It also aims to provide support to farmer producer organizations, self-help groups and producer cooperatives.
- This scheme has been implemented for a period of five years, i.e., from 2020-21 to the financial year 2024-25.
Why In News?
On 27 January, 2023, Rajasthan Small Industries Corporation Chairman Rajiv Arora told the Rajasthan export promotion council meeting held in Jodhpur that with the aim of giving new heights to industrial development in Rajasthan on the world stage an international trade fair will be organized at EPCH Center Boranada Industrial Area of Jodhpur from On March 20 to 22, 2023.
- Chairman of Rajasthan Small Industries Corporation Rajiv Arora said in the meeting that apart from furniture, the main products exported from Jodhpur will also be exhibited in this international fair, agriculture and various types of processing industries, engineering products, steel etc. will also be exhibited.
- He said that for this, foreign buyers will be invited to participate in this event by contacting Indian Embassies and High Commissioners of Countries like Europe, America, Central Asia, Australia etc. Handicrafts Export Promotion Council and major exporters and exporter organizations will also provide the desired support.
- Rajiv Arora said that suggestions will be invited from various entrepreneurs and exporters for the successful implementation of this international level trade fair, and they will be implemented mainly. Local exporters and non-export entrepreneurs will play every possible role to make the event a success.
- He said that the expo will especially encourage those artisans of the division, who metros like Delhi must work in villages and go to, Mumbai etc. to sell their products. Through this event, products will reach more and more buyers and their attraction towards local products will increase.
- It was informed in the meeting that special attention will be paid to special maintenance and beautification of roads in Jodhpur city during the mela period. A committee will be formed by the organizing organizations and entrepreneurs to cooperate in this event.
Why In News?
On 27 January 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the proposal to declare a state holiday in the state on the birth anniversary of Lord Shri Devnarayan.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said that keeping in mind the faith of the common people and the demand of the public representatives in the state, it has been decided to declare a state holiday in the state on the birth anniversary of Lord Shri Devnarayan.
- It is known that various people's representatives including Devnarayan Board President Jogendra Singh Awana, Industry Minister Shakuntala Rawat and Minister of State for Sports Ashok Chandna had written letters demanding that Lord Shri Devnarayan Jayanti be declared a holiday.
- It is noteworthy that Lord Shri Devnarayan is worshiped as a cow protector, folk deity who relieves the sufferings of helpless people and a mighty warrior. In Rajasthan and other states, Lord Shri Devnarayan is worshiped by many devotees of different communities.
- This year, the 1111th birth anniversary of Lord Devnarayan is being celebrated on January 28.
Why In News?
On January 27, 2022, Animal Husbandry Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Premsingh Patel informed that the 'Prize Scheme for the state's original bovine breed and Indian advanced breed milch cows' is being implemented under the Mukhyamantri Pashupalan Vikas Yojana.
- The Animal Husbandry Minister informed that in the scheme started with the aim of promoting the indigenous breeds of the country and the state, competitions of indigenous and Indian advanced breeds of cows will be held from February 1 to 15.
- In this competition, 201 district-level prizes will be given, which will be for 45 native cows of Madhya Pradesh and 156 Indian advanced breed cows. Apart from this, 6 state level awards will also be given.
- The competition of milch cows of state's original bovine and Indian advanced breed will be held separately in the districts. State's native cattle breed competition will be held in 15 districts - Agar-Malwa, Shajapur, Rajgarh, Ujjain, Indore, Khandwa, Khargone, Burhanpur, Barwani, Dhar, Damoh, Panna, Tikamgarh, Chhatarpur and Niwari.
- Malvi breed cows' competition will be held in District Agar-Malwa, Shajapur, Rajgarh, Ujjain and Indore and Nimari breed competition will be held in Khandwa, Khargone Burhanpur, , Barwani, Dhar and Kenkatha breed districts of Damoh, Panna, Tikamgarh, Chhatarpur and Niwari districts.
- The Animal Husbandry Minister said that the daily milk production of Malvi, Niwari and Kenkatha cows of the state's native cattle breed should be 4 liters or more and that of the Indian cow should be 6 liters or more.
- Indian Advanced Breed Cow Competition will be held in all 52 districts. The cattle herders of cows giving more milk will be rewarded.
- For district level first, second and third prize in both the competitions: Rs 51 thousand, 21 thousand and 11 thousand will be there. Similar state level awards will also be: 2 lakh, 1 lakh and 50 thousand rupees.
- Apart from the three prizes, certificates will be given to the rest of the competing cows. The list of all awards winning cattle breeders along with the breed of cows and milk production details will be available on the departmental website.
Why In News?
On January 26, 2023, on the occasion of Republic Day, 14 officers and personnel of Haryana Police were decorated with Police Medals for distinguished and meritorious services by the Union Home Ministry.
- Out of the total 14 medals announced, one police officer was awarded president's police medal for distinguished services and 13 others were awarded police medals for meritorious services.
- Amitabh Singh Dhillon, Inspector General of Police (Modernisation) has been selected for the president's police medal for distinguished services, a police department spokesperson said.
- Those who have been decorated with the Police Medal for Meritorious Services include Satendra Kumar Gupta IGP (Karnal Range) Karnal, B Satish Balan IGP (STF), Virendra Kumar Vij DCP (East) Gurugram, Surendra Singh DSP (CID) New Delhi. , Rajkumar Ranga ACP Panchkula, Hari Kishan Inspector State Crime Branch, Ramesh Kumar Sub-Inspector (SI) Ambala, Dinesh Singh SI 1st IRB Bhondsi Gurugram, Naresh Kumar SI Rohtak, Devendra Kumar ASI Panipat, Ram Pal EASI (CID) Chandigarh, Sajjan Kumar ORP ASI Hisar and Sunil Kumar Head Constable Panchkula.
Why In News?
On 25 January 2023, Additional Principal Secretary to The Chief Minister of Haryana and Director General of Information, Public Relations and Language Department Dr. Amit Agarwal launched the Smart Solar Hub startup started by Ishank Bansal and Arjun Mittal, two students at Panjab University's University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET), Chandigarh.
- It is known that Director General of Public Relations and Languages Department, Dr. Amit Agarwal has launched this start-up named Envinova of Solar Energy.
- He said that Haryana has the third position in the country in terms of startups. Out of 60,000 new startup companies, 5,000 companies are in Haryana, which is 12 percent.
- Dr. Agarwal said that in order to promote startups, the state government has made a new startup policy, under which new startups are being encouraged to set up new startups in the state by giving different types of discounts and concessions.
- Launched as Smart Solar Hub, Envinova aims to enhance public interaction in outdoor space with accessible energy and connectivity.
- Through this, the focus has been on how urban living can be improved by popularizing technology in public life. This technology will also prove to be effective in making cities more vibrant, sustainable and more sensitive.
- On this occasion, Registrar Panjab University, Prof. Y.P. Verma said that there are a total of 8 startups running in UIET, for which the department gives space and provides necessary equipment.
Why In News?
On January 26, 2023, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren honored dependent wives of three freedom fighters at a function organized in the state's sub-capital Dumka on 74th Republic Day.
- Chief Minister Hemant Soren freedom fighter self. Chandravati Devi, wife of Dhaneshwar Mandal (Village- Bandari, Block- Saraiyahat, District- Dumka), Late. Patru Rai's wife Parvatia Devi (Village- Parasdah, Block- Saraiyahat, District- Dumka) and self. Dasaratha Rai's wife Sarotiya Devi (Village- Delipathar, Block- Ramgarh, District- Dumka) was honoured.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister gave the first prize to the SSB 35 Battalion and information and public relations department tableau participating in the Republic Day parade. Apart from this, officers and personnel who have done better work were also honored.
- The award-winning parade contingent:
- First Prize - SSB 35 Battalion
- 2nd Prize - IRB- 1 Jamtara
- 3rd Prize - NCC, Dumka
- The tableaus of these departments received awards:
- First Prize - District Information and Public Relations Department, Dumka
- 2nd Prize - District Industries Department
- 3rd Prize – District Rural Development Agency and Forest Department
- Officers and workers who were honored for their good work - Block Development Officer of Shikaripada Santosh Kumar Chaudhary, Savita Kumari (ANM), Lakhpati Devi (Servant), Rajeev Ranjan (Driver), Vikas Kumar Agarwal (Painting).
Why In News?
On January 27, 2023, Uttarakhand's Sports Minister Rekha Arya said that the state government is bringing an ordinance to give four percent horizontal reservation in government jobs to the players of the state. The Department of Justice has approved the introduction of the ordinance.
- According to department officials, earlier there was a government order of 4 percent horizontal reservation, but in 2013, the High Court cancelled this order.
- According to Sports Minister Rekha Arya, the players of the state have got consent from the Department of Justice and Personnel to give the benefit of reservation in government jobs and rules have been made for this.
- It will be made a law by bringing an ordinance through the cabinet or through the assembly. This will create a better environment of sports in the state and the future of the players will be secure.
- Sports Director Jitendra Sonkar said that the state government is preparing to give direct jobs to international medal winners in Uttarakhand on the lines of Haryana state at 5400 grades pay. The proposal prepared for this has been approved by the Department of Finance and Personnel.
- As soon as its mandate is issued, Uttarakhand will become the second state in the country to directly provide jobs to medal-winning players after Haryana.
- Sports Minister Rekha Arya said that sports and sportspersons are being promoted by the state government. Medal winning players will get encouragement by getting direct jobs, which will also make Uttarakhand known as Sports Ground.
Why In News?
Major Prashant Bhatt, a young military officer resident of Kausani in Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand, has been selected for the Sena Medal in the announcement of gallantry awards made by the country's President Draupadi Murmu on January 25, 2023.
- Major Prashant Bhatt, a young army officer, was selected in the NDA in the first attempt after passing 12th standard from Sainik School. In 2014, he was selected as a Lieutenant in the two Para Special Forces of the Indian Army. Later, on getting the commission, he reached the rank of Major.
- In recognition of his skilful leadership and courage in several successful cross-border operations during his service, he has also been selected for the Sena Medal among the soldiers selected for the Bravery Awards on the eve of Republic Day.
- Prashant Bhatt has been awarded the Sena Medal by the Government of India for his efficient leadership, devotion to duty, courage and easy resolution of sensitive issues.
- Major Prashant Bhatt is currently undergoing training in junior command in Mhow, Madhya Pradesh.
- It is known that the army medal winners of The Army Medal by the Uttarakhand Government are given a lump sum of Rs 15 lakh and Rs 50,000 every year and almost the same amount from the Government of India.
Switch to Hindi