Why In News?
On January 27, 2022, Animal Husbandry Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Premsingh Patel informed that the 'Prize Scheme for the state's original bovine breed and Indian advanced breed milch cows' is being implemented under the Mukhyamantri Pashupalan Vikas Yojana.
- The Animal Husbandry Minister informed that in the scheme started with the aim of promoting the indigenous breeds of the country and the state, competitions of indigenous and Indian advanced breeds of cows will be held from February 1 to 15.
- In this competition, 201 district-level prizes will be given, which will be for 45 native cows of Madhya Pradesh and 156 Indian advanced breed cows. Apart from this, 6 state level awards will also be given.
- The competition of milch cows of state's original bovine and Indian advanced breed will be held separately in the districts. State's native cattle breed competition will be held in 15 districts - Agar-Malwa, Shajapur, Rajgarh, Ujjain, Indore, Khandwa, Khargone, Burhanpur, Barwani, Dhar, Damoh, Panna, Tikamgarh, Chhatarpur and Niwari.
- Malvi breed cows' competition will be held in District Agar-Malwa, Shajapur, Rajgarh, Ujjain and Indore and Nimari breed competition will be held in Khandwa, Khargone Burhanpur, , Barwani, Dhar and Kenkatha breed districts of Damoh, Panna, Tikamgarh, Chhatarpur and Niwari districts.
- The Animal Husbandry Minister said that the daily milk production of Malvi, Niwari and Kenkatha cows of the state's native cattle breed should be 4 liters or more and that of the Indian cow should be 6 liters or more.
- Indian Advanced Breed Cow Competition will be held in all 52 districts. The cattle herders of cows giving more milk will be rewarded.
- For district level first, second and third prize in both the competitions: Rs 51 thousand, 21 thousand and 11 thousand will be there. Similar state level awards will also be: 2 lakh, 1 lakh and 50 thousand rupees.
- Apart from the three prizes, certificates will be given to the rest of the competing cows. The list of all awards winning cattle breeders along with the breed of cows and milk production details will be available on the departmental website.
Switch to Hindi