Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Four Personalities of the State Selected for Padma Shri Honor
Why In News?
On January 25, 2023, the country's highest civilian awards 'Padma Awards' for the year 2023 were announced on the eve of Republic Day. Of these, four personalities from Madhya Pradesh have been selected for the Padma Shri award.
- For the year 2023, the President has approved the conferment of (in one double case the award is counted as one)., including three double cases 106 Padma awards
- The list includes 6 Padma Vibhushan, 9 Padma Bhushan and 91 Padma Shri awardees. The list of awardees includes 19 women and 2 persons from the category of Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI and 7 posthumous awardees.
- Among the four personalities from Madhya Pradesh selected for the Padma award, Smt. Jodhaiya Bai, Dr. Munishwar Chandawar and Shri Ramesh Parmar and Shrimati Shanti Parmar (jointly).
- Jabalpur's medicine specialist Dr. Munishwar Chandawar, who gave a new direction to human welfare by making an unshakable resolve to serve medicine, in the field of art, to Baiga tribal artist Jodhaiya Bai of Umaria and to provide international recognition by preserving tribal art., Jhabua's artists Ramesh Parmar and Shanti Parmar have been jointly selected for the Padma Shri award in the field of arts.
- Significantly, Padma awards are among the highest civilian awards of the country. The Padma awards are given in three categories - Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. The awards are announced on Republic Day every year.
- The awards, social work public affairs science and engineering are given in the fields of various disciplines trade and industry, medicine, literature and education, sports, civil service etc/activities such as art.
- 'Padma Vibhushan' is awarded for exceptional and distinguished service, 'Padma Bhushan' for distinguished service of high order and 'Padma Shri' for distinguished service in any field.
- These awards are presented by the President of India in ceremonial ceremonies which are usually held at Rashtrapati Bhavan around March/April every year.
Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Governor Inaugurates Republic Festival 'Lokrang'
Why In News?
On 26 January 2023, the Governor of Madhya Pradesh, Mangubhai Patel inaugurated the Republic Day festival 'Lokrang' on Republic Day. He honored the litterateurs with national honors in the festival and awarded the winners of the Republic Day celebrations.
- It is worth mentioning that Lokrang Utsav will be celebrated till January 30 at Ravindra Bhawan Complex, Bhopal.
- The theme 'Free and Nomadic' has been placed at the center of the folk color. The folk color will feature Ukraine, UK, states of the country along with performances of folk dances from 12 Egypt. A dance drama with a focus on the life of Kalbelia community of Rajasthan community was presented in Lokrang. It showcased the life tradition, culture of the Kalbelia community.
- The main attractions of the folk festival are 'Hunar', exhibition of artistic lamps, 'Book' of books on art and culture Fair, indigenous cuisine's wad' exhibition of on singing presentation, 'Lokraag' etc.
- On this occasion, Governor Mangubhai Patel and State Minister for Culture, Tourism, Religious Trust and Dharma Usha Thakur presented national awards to the litterateurs.
- Rashtriya Kabir Samman 2021: Dr. Rajendra Prasad awarded for outstanding creative contribution in the field of Hindi. Shyam Sundar Dubey was honored.
- Rashtriya Maithili Sharan Gupta Award for from the year 2021research writing and outstanding creative long contribution of Hindi literature. Sadanand Prasad Gupta was felicitated.
- Rashtriya Sharad Joshi Award 2021 for relevant scholarly expression in the field of fine essay. Shri Ram was adorned with Parihar.
- National Iqbal Award 2021 Syed Taqi Hasan Abidi was awarded to his representative in his absence.
- National Nanaji Deshmukh Samman was given 2021to Tribal Welfare Center Mahakoshal, Bargaon Dindori for practical work being done keeping in mind basic and meaningful concerns in the field of social service from the year.
- Governor and Minister Usha Thakur launched the MP Culture App of the Culture Department. Information about the events of the culture department will be available in the MP Culture app. The live link of the program will also be available in the app. Along with this, information about various art forms of the state can also be obtained from the app.
- Governor Patel and Minister Usha Thakur felicitated the winners of the Republic Day parade, folk dances, cultural performances and tableaux with trophies and certificates.
- The first place was secured by the Prison Department, the second place by the Tourism Department and the third place by the Forest Department.
- In the category of troops, the first place was awarded to Hawk Force, second to Special Armed Forces and third place to STF Platoon.
- In the civilian contingent category, the first place was awarded to ex-servicemen, second NCC air wing, third place jointly to Senior Division NCC Army Wing (Girls) and NCC Naval Wing.
- Government New Higher Secondary School, Hema Higher Secondary School BHEL and Mansarovar Public School secured the first and third positions, respectively.
- In the folk-dance cultural performances, Bhil Bhagoria tribal folk dance stood first, Korku Thatiya folk dance second and Gudum Baja folk dance got the third place.
Switch to Hindi