Four Personalities of the State Selected for Padma Shri Honor
- 27 Jan 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On January 25, 2023, the country's highest civilian awards 'Padma Awards' for the year 2023 were announced on the eve of Republic Day. Of these, four personalities from Madhya Pradesh have been selected for the Padma Shri award.
- For the year 2023, the President has approved the conferment of (in one double case the award is counted as one)., including three double cases 106 Padma awards
- The list includes 6 Padma Vibhushan, 9 Padma Bhushan and 91 Padma Shri awardees. The list of awardees includes 19 women and 2 persons from the category of Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI and 7 posthumous awardees.
- Among the four personalities from Madhya Pradesh selected for the Padma award, Smt. Jodhaiya Bai, Dr. Munishwar Chandawar and Shri Ramesh Parmar and Shrimati Shanti Parmar (jointly).
- Jabalpur's medicine specialist Dr. Munishwar Chandawar, who gave a new direction to human welfare by making an unshakable resolve to serve medicine, in the field of art, to Baiga tribal artist Jodhaiya Bai of Umaria and to provide international recognition by preserving tribal art., Jhabua's artists Ramesh Parmar and Shanti Parmar have been jointly selected for the Padma Shri award in the field of arts.
- Significantly, Padma awards are among the highest civilian awards of the country. The Padma awards are given in three categories - Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. The awards are announced on Republic Day every year.
- The awards, social work public affairs science and engineering are given in the fields of various disciplines trade and industry, medicine, literature and education, sports, civil service etc/activities such as art.
- 'Padma Vibhushan' is awarded for exceptional and distinguished service, 'Padma Bhushan' for distinguished service of high order and 'Padma Shri' for distinguished service in any field.
- These awards are presented by the President of India in ceremonial ceremonies which are usually held at Rashtrapati Bhavan around March/April every year.