Major Prashant Bhatt of Uttarakhand will be Honored with Sena Medal
- 28 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
Major Prashant Bhatt, a young military officer resident of Kausani in Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand, has been selected for the Sena Medal in the announcement of gallantry awards made by the country's President Draupadi Murmu on January 25, 2023.
- Major Prashant Bhatt, a young army officer, was selected in the NDA in the first attempt after passing 12th standard from Sainik School. In 2014, he was selected as a Lieutenant in the two Para Special Forces of the Indian Army. Later, on getting the commission, he reached the rank of Major.
- In recognition of his skilful leadership and courage in several successful cross-border operations during his service, he has also been selected for the Sena Medal among the soldiers selected for the Bravery Awards on the eve of Republic Day.
- Prashant Bhatt has been awarded the Sena Medal by the Government of India for his efficient leadership, devotion to duty, courage and easy resolution of sensitive issues.
- Major Prashant Bhatt is currently undergoing training in junior command in Mhow, Madhya Pradesh.
- It is known that the army medal winners of The Army Medal by the Uttarakhand Government are given a lump sum of Rs 15 lakh and Rs 50,000 every year and almost the same amount from the Government of India.