Ordinance Approved for 4% Reservation for Sportspersons of Uttarakhand
- 28 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On January 27, 2023, Uttarakhand's Sports Minister Rekha Arya said that the state government is bringing an ordinance to give four percent horizontal reservation in government jobs to the players of the state. The Department of Justice has approved the introduction of the ordinance.
- According to department officials, earlier there was a government order of 4 percent horizontal reservation, but in 2013, the High Court cancelled this order.
- According to Sports Minister Rekha Arya, the players of the state have got consent from the Department of Justice and Personnel to give the benefit of reservation in government jobs and rules have been made for this.
- It will be made a law by bringing an ordinance through the cabinet or through the assembly. This will create a better environment of sports in the state and the future of the players will be secure.
- Sports Director Jitendra Sonkar said that the state government is preparing to give direct jobs to international medal winners in Uttarakhand on the lines of Haryana state at 5400 grades pay. The proposal prepared for this has been approved by the Department of Finance and Personnel.
- As soon as its mandate is issued, Uttarakhand will become the second state in the country to directly provide jobs to medal-winning players after Haryana.
- Sports Minister Rekha Arya said that sports and sportspersons are being promoted by the state government. Medal winning players will get encouragement by getting direct jobs, which will also make Uttarakhand known as Sports Ground.