Why In News?
On January 27, 2023, Uttarakhand's Sports Minister Rekha Arya said that the state government is bringing an ordinance to give four percent horizontal reservation in government jobs to the players of the state. The Department of Justice has approved the introduction of the ordinance.
- According to department officials, earlier there was a government order of 4 percent horizontal reservation, but in 2013, the High Court cancelled this order.
- According to Sports Minister Rekha Arya, the players of the state have got consent from the Department of Justice and Personnel to give the benefit of reservation in government jobs and rules have been made for this.
- It will be made a law by bringing an ordinance through the cabinet or through the assembly. This will create a better environment of sports in the state and the future of the players will be secure.
- Sports Director Jitendra Sonkar said that the state government is preparing to give direct jobs to international medal winners in Uttarakhand on the lines of Haryana state at 5400 grades pay. The proposal prepared for this has been approved by the Department of Finance and Personnel.
- As soon as its mandate is issued, Uttarakhand will become the second state in the country to directly provide jobs to medal-winning players after Haryana.
- Sports Minister Rekha Arya said that sports and sportspersons are being promoted by the state government. Medal winning players will get encouragement by getting direct jobs, which will also make Uttarakhand known as Sports Ground.
Why In News?
Major Prashant Bhatt, a young military officer resident of Kausani in Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand, has been selected for the Sena Medal in the announcement of gallantry awards made by the country's President Draupadi Murmu on January 25, 2023.
- Major Prashant Bhatt, a young army officer, was selected in the NDA in the first attempt after passing 12th standard from Sainik School. In 2014, he was selected as a Lieutenant in the two Para Special Forces of the Indian Army. Later, on getting the commission, he reached the rank of Major.
- In recognition of his skilful leadership and courage in several successful cross-border operations during his service, he has also been selected for the Sena Medal among the soldiers selected for the Bravery Awards on the eve of Republic Day.
- Prashant Bhatt has been awarded the Sena Medal by the Government of India for his efficient leadership, devotion to duty, courage and easy resolution of sensitive issues.
- Major Prashant Bhatt is currently undergoing training in junior command in Mhow, Madhya Pradesh.
- It is known that the army medal winners of The Army Medal by the Uttarakhand Government are given a lump sum of Rs 15 lakh and Rs 50,000 every year and almost the same amount from the Government of India.
Switch to Hindi