Why in News?
- On May 25, 2022, a government official of the Uttar Pradesh government informed that the state government has earned a revenue of Rs 400 crore from the mining business through its portal 'Mine Mitra'.
- The 'Mine Mitra' portal is used to issue transit passes through mineral management services.
- The 'Mine Mitra' portal has been developed by the state government to bring transparency in the mining business, check illegal activities and provide accountable e-services to the common people, farmers, lessees and transporters.
- The portal aims to end monopolies in the mining industry, encourage legal mining, ensure transparency in business and provide a level playing field for new entrepreneurs to increase the revenue of the state.
- The portal has been developed in consultation with the Directorate of Geology and Mining. At present, it is providing a range of services like online mineral management for lessees, stockists and transporters, services for citizens and farmers, integrated mining monitoring system and e-commerce platform 'Mineral Mart' for consumers and suppliers.
Why in News?
- On May 24, 2022, an MoU was signed between Rajivika and Rajasthan State Seed and Biological Certification Institute for certification of organic products produced by the women self-help groups of Rajivika.
- Under the MoU, organic products produced by women self-help groups of Rajivika will be certified by the State Seed and Biological Certification Agency.
- 2780 hectares of organic farming will be done in 353 villages of 19 blocks of eight districts by members of the Women Self Help Group formed by Rajivika.
- Certification of organic products of women farmers will make it easier to market certified organic products. This will pave the way for the economic self-reliance of women who produce these organic products as well as promote eco-friendly organic farming.
- Rajasthan Seeds and Certification Organization will provide support to self-help group women in organic farming and certification for a period of three years.
Why in News?
- Recently, Chandni Roy, a student of MSc from Food Technology at Gwalior Jiwaji University, has made the immunity booster probiotic extract chocolate for chocolate lovers.
- In this chocolate, Chandni Roy has used a probiotic and kept the sugar content to a minimum.
- The healthy probiotic chocolate uses cocoa powder, milk powder, coconut oil and probiotics (Lactobacillus bulgaris, Lactobacillus cassie, Lactobacillus acidophils).
- Chandni Roy explained that eating probiotic dark chocolate has a lot of benefits. The anti-oxidants found in dark chocolate normalize blood pressure and reduce the risk of clotting in the heart. The flavonoids found in chocolate helps prevent harmful rays from the skin.
Why in News?
- On May 25, 2022, Madhya Pradesh's Minister of New and Renewable Energy Hardeep Singh Dang said that the performance guarantee in Pradhan Mantri Kisan urja suraksha utthan mahabhiyaan (KUSUM-A) has now been reduced from Rs 5 lakh per MW to Rs lakh.
- This information was given by Hardeep Singh Dang while distributing letters of awards to 71 farmers of KUSUM-'A' at Urja Bhawan. In the programme, sale-purchase contracts (PPAs) were also exchanged between the 6 developers of Madhya Pradesh Power Management Company.
- The minister said that under the 'Mukhyamantri Solar Pump Yojana', the work of installing solar pumps on the fields of 1,000 farmers, where there is no availability of electricity, is being taken up on priority.
- A target of installing solar pumps on the fields of 50,000 farmers in the state is being set. This will save the cost of electricity and diesel and get 8 hours of electricity and other works of the farmers will also be able to be completed easily.
- The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Utthan Mahabhyan (KUSUM-A') scheme has been implemented by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) since 2019, under which a grant of up to 60 per cent is given for solarization of agricultural pumps. The scheme is being implemented by the state government departments, in which the farmers have to deposit only the remaining 40 per cent to the department.
Why in News?
- On May 25, 2022, Rajesh Agarwal, managing director of Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, informed that 4.69 km in the hills of The Aravalis. A long tunnel will be constructed.
- This tunnel, built on the hills of the Aravalis, is the world's longest highway tunnel atal tunnel (9.02 km from Manali to Lahaul-Spiti Valley) will be like.
- This tunnel is 121.7 km parallel to the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) expressway. The long Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor will be constructed.
- Haryana Railway Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited will construct the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor.
- The corridor will be the lifeline for the newly developed industrial and residential areas from Kundli to Manesar, as well as 4.69 km from the middle of the hills. The long tunnel will be a sight to behold for Delhi-NCR.
- The Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited has claimed to have completed the tendering process for the construction of the tunnel by December in the current financial year.
- To this effect, The Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited has held consultations with the officials of 20 companies in the tunnel construction sector.
- Rajesh Agarwal, Managing Director, Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, said that after the completion of the tendering process, the construction of the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor tunnel will be completed within a period of 30 months.
- The Aravalis are one of the oldest folded mountain ranges in the world, which is 692 km. it is long. It extends to Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and the Union Territory of Delhi.
Why in News?
- On May 25, 2022, Simdega Hockey President Manoj Konbegi informed that three players from Simdega in Jharkhand have been selected in the junior Indian women's hockey team for the tour of Ireland.
- Manoj Konbegi informed that Hockey India has announced a 20-member Indian junior women's hockey team for the upcoming Under-23, 5 Nation tournament, which includes the names of Simdega's Beauty Dungdung, Deepika Soreng and Mahima Tete.
- It is worth mentioning that Beauty Dungdung is a regular member of the junior Indian women's hockey team from the east. Dipika Soreng and Mahima Tete have been selected in the junior Indian team for the first time.
- The three selected players will participate as members of the Indian team in the hockey competition to be held in Dublin, Ireland from June 19 to June 26, 2022 .
Why in News?
- On May 25, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel dedicated the Jheeram Valley Martyrs' Memorial at Lalbagh Ground in Jagdalpur and paid a humble tribute to the martyrs of Jheeram Valley.
- The Chief Minister also hoisted the flag of the 100 feet high tricolor in the memorial complex itself, which will always be hoisted as a mark of respect to the martyrs.
- In order to keep the memories of 32 people martyred in Jhiram Valley alive in the hearts of the common people forever in the hearts of the common people, the Jhiram Valley Martyrs' Memorial has been constructed at Lagbagh Ground in Jagdalpur.
- It may be recalled that exactly nine years ago, on May 25, 2013, 32 people, including senior Congress leaders Nandkumar Patel, Vidya Charan Shukla, Mahendra Karma, Uday Mudaliar, Yogendra Sharma and police personnel, were martyred in the Naxal attack in Jheeram Valley of Bastar.
- The statues of 32 martyred public representatives and jawans have been installed in the Jhiram Valley with their names, which will keep their identity alive forever.
- It may be mentioned that the Jheeram Valley Tribute Day is celebrated on May 25 to keep the memory of the sacrifices of martyrs intact in the state.
Why in News?
- On May 25, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced that forest resources certificates would be given to forest dwellers in the National Park area during an interview programme held at Mangalpur in Jagdalpur Assembly constituency.
- Chhattisgarh will be the second state in the country after Odisha to provide forest resource accreditation in the National Park area.
- With the grant of forest resource accreditation, more and more opportunities will be available to the forest dwellers for employment as well as income.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister also made the following other announcements:
- 15 Gypsy vehicles will be given to tribal youth to promote tourism in Kotamsar area.
- Swami Atmanand Schools will be started at Dornapal, Kokanar and Tongpal in Sukma.
- The road will be constructed from Kanakapal to Leda and from Jiram to Elmanar.
- Adarsh Devguri will be set up at Mawlipadar, Netanar, Pandripani and Madpal.
Why in News?
- On May 25, 2022, Civil Aviation Secretary Dilip Jawalkar said that preparations are being made to construct new helipads at 31 locations to expand the heli services with a view to attract tourists to the state.
- These helipads will be built in Dehradun, Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Rudraprayag, Pithoragarh and Almora districts. The cost of constructing the helipad will be borne by the state government itself.
- The state tourism department has directed the district collectors to identify land for helipads near famous tourist spots of their districts so that these lands can be acquired at the earliest and helipads can be constructed and the helipads can be operated here.
- Heli services are being operated from Dehradun to Chinyalisaur, Dehradun to Gauchar, Dehradun to Tehri, Dehradun to Srinagar, Dehradun to Almora and Haldwani to Pithoragarh under the UDAN scheme.
- Heli services are being operated from Dehradun to Kedarnath and from various places in Chamoli districts to Kedarnath and Hemkund Sahib.
- It is worth mentioning that Uttarakhand is full of natural beauty. Somewhere the high mountains and somewhere the velvet bugyals attract the tourists towards them. Here the natural lakes formed between the remote mountains are the center of attraction of tourists as well as of mythological importance.
- The government's effort is to build helipads around such tourist places so that tourists can reach these places through heli services and they have to walk at least on foot. Along with this, they will also be able to see the beauty of snow-laden hills from the sky.
- The state government plans to start heli services at these places through private heli companies. This will not only give revenue to the government, but it will also facilitate the tourists.
- Uttarakhand is also a disaster-sensitive state. Helicopters are used in relief and rescue operations during disasters. The helipads built at the new locations will also prove to be crucial for relief and rescue operations during the disaster.
Switch to Hindi