Uttar Pradesh government gets Rs 400 crore revenue from 'Mine Mitra'
- 26 May 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
- On May 25, 2022, a government official of the Uttar Pradesh government informed that the state government has earned a revenue of Rs 400 crore from the mining business through its portal 'Mine Mitra'.
- The 'Mine Mitra' portal is used to issue transit passes through mineral management services.
- The 'Mine Mitra' portal has been developed by the state government to bring transparency in the mining business, check illegal activities and provide accountable e-services to the common people, farmers, lessees and transporters.
- The portal aims to end monopolies in the mining industry, encourage legal mining, ensure transparency in business and provide a level playing field for new entrepreneurs to increase the revenue of the state.
- The portal has been developed in consultation with the Directorate of Geology and Mining. At present, it is providing a range of services like online mineral management for lessees, stockists and transporters, services for citizens and farmers, integrated mining monitoring system and e-commerce platform 'Mineral Mart' for consumers and suppliers.