Jheeram Valley Martyrs' Memorial
- 26 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On May 25, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel dedicated the Jheeram Valley Martyrs' Memorial at Lalbagh Ground in Jagdalpur and paid a humble tribute to the martyrs of Jheeram Valley.
- The Chief Minister also hoisted the flag of the 100 feet high tricolor in the memorial complex itself, which will always be hoisted as a mark of respect to the martyrs.
- In order to keep the memories of 32 people martyred in Jhiram Valley alive in the hearts of the common people forever in the hearts of the common people, the Jhiram Valley Martyrs' Memorial has been constructed at Lagbagh Ground in Jagdalpur.
- It may be recalled that exactly nine years ago, on May 25, 2013, 32 people, including senior Congress leaders Nandkumar Patel, Vidya Charan Shukla, Mahendra Karma, Uday Mudaliar, Yogendra Sharma and police personnel, were martyred in the Naxal attack in Jheeram Valley of Bastar.
- The statues of 32 martyred public representatives and jawans have been installed in the Jhiram Valley with their names, which will keep their identity alive forever.
- It may be mentioned that the Jheeram Valley Tribute Day is celebrated on May 25 to keep the memory of the sacrifices of martyrs intact in the state.