Why in News?
- On May 23, 2022, a state government spokesperson said that with an aim to make the river Ganga clean, the state government has planned to promote afforestation along the river and replace chemical fertilizers with organic fertilizers.
- The spokesman said that under the scheme, 10 km on both sides of 27 districts (through which the Ganga flows).
- The state government has set a target of afforestation in 6,759 hectares along the banks of Ganga spread over 503 locations in 27 districts in the next six months. It is worth mentioning that the tree plantation drive has already been started in Kasganj and some other areas.
- The state government has planned an intensive afforestation drive not only on the banks of the Ganga but also along its tributaries. The government aims to plant medicinal, rare and traditional plants along the banks of the Ganga and its tributaries.
- This will not only help in increasing the forest cover and improving the climate, but also prevent soil erosion and reduce the severity of floods in these areas.
- In organic farming, chemical fertilizers and poisonous pesticides are completely replaced with organic manure to increase yield and protect the soil. Since the soil of the Gangetic plain changes every year due to floods, there is a lot of potential for organic farming in the entire basin.
- It is worth mentioning that a large part of the Gangetic plain in India is located in Uttar Pradesh. The river flows through 27 districts of the state including Bijnor, Badaun, Amroha, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Aligarh, Farrukhabad, Kannauj, Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur Dehat, Fatehpur, Prayagraj, Mirzapur and Ghazipur.
Why in News?
- On May 24, 2022, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot in a review meeting of the forest department directed to develop Lav-Kush Vatika in every district to promote eco-tourism in the state.
- It will cost about Rs.2-2 crore to develop the Luv-Kush Vatika in each district.
- The Chief Minister directed the forest officials to set up models related to forest and wildlife in the vatika/gardens so that children can be taught about environment and wildlife conservation.
- The Chief Minister directed to ensure timely completion of all the announcements in a planned manner, take strict steps to prevent incidents of poaching of wildlife in the forest area and to make the tourists visiting the sanctuary aware about the safety of wildlife.
- He reviewed the progress of wildlife management training centre at Talchapar Sanctuary in Churu, development of Chambal Gharial Sanctuary for tourism, commissioning of 'Panshree Kailash Sankhla Smriti Van' at Jodhpur, construction of City Nature Park at Fatehpur-Sikar among others.
- In the meeting, Principal Government Secretary, Forest and Environment, Shri Shikhar Agarwal informed that necessary action will be initiated to ban the use of single use plastic from July 1, 2022.
Why in News?
- On May 24, 2022, a 'CXO Conclave' was organized by the Rajasthan Skill and Livelihood Development Corporation (RSLDC), in which there was a brainstorming on providing better employment options to the youth by trending in line with the demand of the industry.
- RSLDC Chairman and Managing Director Dr. Arushi Malik describing the existing youth workforce in the state as a strength, said that Rajasthan skills competition is also being considered to make the youth more competitive.
- The event, organized under the Deendayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana, saw technical sessions on automotive, retail, health and logistics.
- During the event, various industries, Regional Skill Councils, training providers, industry associations and other stakeholders related to skill development participated in the panel discussion and apprised them of their needs and suggested to make desired changes in the courses accordingly.
- He stressed on connecting training programmes to the industry and imparting practical knowledge to the youth by conducting 'on-job training'.
- At the event, Minister of State for Skill, Entrepreneurship and Planning Ashok Chandna felicitated Anambika Joshi and Ashok Verma as 'Skill Icons' and handed over job offer letters in various companies to the 7 candidates who have completed the training.
Why in News?
- On May 24, 2022, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the Rajasthan Electric Vehicle Policy (REVP). It also approved the proposed one-time contribution to encourage purchase of such vehicles and an additional budget provision of Rs.40 crore for SGST recharge.
- It may be mentioned that the chief minister had announced to bring in an electric vehicle policy in the budget for the year 2019-20.
- As per the announcement, with the re-payment of SGST to the buyers of these vehicles, rs 5 to 10,000 per vehicle will be given to two-wheelers as per battery capacity and Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000 per vehicle to three-wheelers as per battery capacity as a one-time grant to encourage purchase of such vehicles.
- E-vehicles in the state have also been excluded from the ambit of motor vehicle tax. The new policy provides for all types of recharge to e-vehicle vendors within 7 days.
- With the implementation of this policy, pollution caused by diesel-petrol vehicles in the state will be reduced.
Why in News?
- The Council of Ministers, chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has approved the proposal to conduct 3 new awards Madhya Pradesh Gaurav Samman, Chief Minister's Excellence Award (for outstanding performance in government schemes) and Chief Minister's Excellence Award (for innovation).
- The awards, approved by the Council of Ministers, will be given annually on 1st November, the foundation day of Madhya Pradesh.
- Madhya Pradesh Gaurav Samman-
- Citizens/institutions of the state will be given in different categories for the extraordinary work done by them.
- A total of 10 awards will be given annually.
- A prize money of Rs 5 lakh will be given per award.
- The prize money will be distributed equally if more than one person is eligible in the same jurisdiction or category.
- Only the natives of Madhya Pradesh will be able to apply.
- Chief Minister's Award for Excellence (Team) -
- The district administration team will be given for their excellent performance in the implementation of government schemes.
- A total of 5 awards will be given in different categories.
- A sum of Rs 10 lakh will be given in each category.
- Chief Minister's Award of Excellence (Innovation) -
- Government servants will be given for innovation of government schemes.
- A total of 15 awards will be given in different categories.
- A sum of Rs.1 lakh will be given in each category.
- The prize money will be distributed equally if more than one government servant is eligible in the same jurisdiction or category.
Why in News?
- Recently, the Council of Ministers, chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan took several other important decisions along with the decision to approve the draft Of The Madhya Pradesh Rural (Marginal, Small Farmers and Landless Agricultural Workers) Debt Waiver Bill, 2022.
- In the meeting of the Council of Ministers, it was decided to provide a subsidy of 16 thousand 424 crore 18 lakh rupees to consumers in various categories at the rates fixed for the financial year 2022-23. This is in addition to the subsidy of Rs 5,584 crore 40 lakh sanctioned in the Griha Jyoti Scheme for domestic consumers of the state. In lieu of this, subsidy will be given to power distribution companies.
- The Council of Ministers decided to maintain the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana run by the Government of India with a view to provide financial assistance in case of crop loss/loss to the farmers in the event of crop loss/loss, fixing a financial size of Rs.17 thousand 72 crore 30 lakh.
- This includes 8 thousand 410 crore rupees central share and 8 thousand 410 crore rupees state share and 3% of state share and administrative expenditure amount of 252 crore 30 lakh rupees for 2020-21 to 2022-23 .
- The Council of Ministers has agreed to make full use of the loan amount sanctioned from Germany to make full use of the loan amount sanctioned from Germany (124 million euros) for funding the nutrition works being carried out by Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company in the Green Energy Corridor project for evacuation of power generated from renewable energy in the state.
- The Revised Cost of Singazi Thermal Power Project (Phase II), Khandwa, District 2X660 MW was approved by the Council of Ministers at a revised cost of Rs.7 thousand 738 crore.
- The Council of Ministers approved the draft Madhya Pradesh Rural (Marginal, Small Farmers and Landless Agricultural Labourers) Debt Waiver Bill, 2022 and the Madhya Pradesh Land Revenue Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2022.
- The Council of Ministers gave administrative approval to rampura manasa micro-ud-wah irrigation project. The cost of the project is Rs.12.08 crore 89 lakhs. The irrigation potential of the project will be 65 thousand 400 hectares for Rabi. The project will benefit farmers of 215 villages of Mansa tehsil with irrigation facility.
Why in News?
- On May 24, 2022, Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal informed that the Integrated Multi-Modal Logistics Hub is being developed as the largest Integrated Logistics Hub in North India in an area of over 900 acres in Nangal Chaudhary (Mahendragarh).
- Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal said this while addressing a review meeting through video conferencing on freight corridor projects passing through Haryana.
- He also directed to expedite the construction of a connecting line by DFCCIL to connect this integrated multi-modal logistics hub to the Delhi-Mumbai Dedicated Freight Corridor.
- 246 km from Haryana. Eastern and Western Dedicated Freight Corridors of length will pass through, the construction of which will facilitate traffic on the one hand, while these corridors will also boost the economic development of Haryana.
- 1506 km The long Western Dedicated Freight Corridor will pass through the states of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra and will pass through 177 km. The stretch will be built in Haryana.
- Similarly, 1875 km. The long Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor will pass through the states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal and will pass through 72 km. The stretch will be built in Haryana.
Why in News?
- On May 24, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched the distribution of weather based insurance claim amount of Prime Minister's Crop Insurance and Horticulture Crops from Dantewada, a remote region of the state.
- Under the insurance scheme of Rabi and Horticulture Crops, about 1.5 crore farmers in 17 districts of the state will get a claim amount of Rs.307.19 crore.
- It may be mentioned that the Chief Minister launched the programme online from Dantewada instead of launching the programme from capital Raipur to ensure that there is no delay in payment of crop insurance claim amount to farmers. Earlier, he had distributed the amount of Godhan Nyaya Yojana from Ramanujganj during the meet-up drive in Sarguja division.
- The Chief Minister said that under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima, about 1 lakh 45 thousand farmers of 17 districts of the state are being paid Rs 297.9 crore and under the weather based insurance scheme of horticulture crops, 4,747 farmers are being paid Rs 10.10 crore. In Kharif 2021, a claim amount of Rs.7.52 crore has been paid to 3 lakh 97 thousand farmers of the state.
- Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey said that the highest number of schemes are being run in the interest of farmers in Chhattisgarh across the country. Chhattisgarh ranks first in the country in implementing the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana and benefiting the farmers of the state. Chhattisgarh is also the leading state in the country in terms of payment of insurance claims of rabi crops to the farmers.
- It is worth mentioning that the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana is in force since Kharif 2016. Under this, farmers have to pay only 2 per cent premium amount for kharif crops paddy, maize, groundnut, soyabean, arhar, moong and urad and 1.5 per cent for rabi crops wheat, chana, mustard and linseed. Half of the remaining insurance premium amount is the state share and central share.
Switch to Hindi