Important Decisions of the Meeting of the Council of Ministers
- 25 May 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
- Recently, the Council of Ministers, chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan took several other important decisions along with the decision to approve the draft Of The Madhya Pradesh Rural (Marginal, Small Farmers and Landless Agricultural Workers) Debt Waiver Bill, 2022.
- In the meeting of the Council of Ministers, it was decided to provide a subsidy of 16 thousand 424 crore 18 lakh rupees to consumers in various categories at the rates fixed for the financial year 2022-23. This is in addition to the subsidy of Rs 5,584 crore 40 lakh sanctioned in the Griha Jyoti Scheme for domestic consumers of the state. In lieu of this, subsidy will be given to power distribution companies.
- The Council of Ministers decided to maintain the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana run by the Government of India with a view to provide financial assistance in case of crop loss/loss to the farmers in the event of crop loss/loss, fixing a financial size of Rs.17 thousand 72 crore 30 lakh.
- This includes 8 thousand 410 crore rupees central share and 8 thousand 410 crore rupees state share and 3% of state share and administrative expenditure amount of 252 crore 30 lakh rupees for 2020-21 to 2022-23 .
- The Council of Ministers has agreed to make full use of the loan amount sanctioned from Germany to make full use of the loan amount sanctioned from Germany (124 million euros) for funding the nutrition works being carried out by Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company in the Green Energy Corridor project for evacuation of power generated from renewable energy in the state.
- The Revised Cost of Singazi Thermal Power Project (Phase II), Khandwa, District 2X660 MW was approved by the Council of Ministers at a revised cost of Rs.7 thousand 738 crore.
- The Council of Ministers approved the draft Madhya Pradesh Rural (Marginal, Small Farmers and Landless Agricultural Labourers) Debt Waiver Bill, 2022 and the Madhya Pradesh Land Revenue Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2022.
- The Council of Ministers gave administrative approval to rampura manasa micro-ud-wah irrigation project. The cost of the project is Rs.12.08 crore 89 lakhs. The irrigation potential of the project will be 65 thousand 400 hectares for Rabi. The project will benefit farmers of 215 villages of Mansa tehsil with irrigation facility.