Why in News?
- On May 23, 2022, it was informed by the Chief Minister's Secretariat that for the first time in Jharkhand, the seeds of kharif crop are being made available at 50% grant under the Seed Exchange and Distribution Programme Scheme, initiating the process of seed distribution to farmers ahead of time.
- The Directorate of Agriculture in the state is distributing quality seeds to the farmers through a blockchain based traceability platform, which is ensuring timely availability and quality of seeds to the farmers.
- With this, Jharkhand has become the first state in the country to distribute seeds through the blockchain system.
- In just one month of the kharif season, 101065 farmers have been registered on the blockchain-based seed traceability platform. 123 FPOs have also been registered.
- Along with the seeds, the benefit of other government agriculture schemes of the Directorate of Agriculture will also be extended to the registered farmers and FPOs.
Switch to Hindi