4.69 km Long Tunnel To Emerge From Aravali Hills
- 26 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On May 25, 2022, Rajesh Agarwal, managing director of Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, informed that 4.69 km in the hills of The Aravalis. A long tunnel will be constructed.
- This tunnel, built on the hills of the Aravalis, is the world's longest highway tunnel atal tunnel (9.02 km from Manali to Lahaul-Spiti Valley) will be like.
- This tunnel is 121.7 km parallel to the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) expressway. The long Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor will be constructed.
- Haryana Railway Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited will construct the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor.
- The corridor will be the lifeline for the newly developed industrial and residential areas from Kundli to Manesar, as well as 4.69 km from the middle of the hills. The long tunnel will be a sight to behold for Delhi-NCR.
- The Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited has claimed to have completed the tendering process for the construction of the tunnel by December in the current financial year.
- To this effect, The Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited has held consultations with the officials of 20 companies in the tunnel construction sector.
- Rajesh Agarwal, Managing Director, Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, said that after the completion of the tendering process, the construction of the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor tunnel will be completed within a period of 30 months.
- The Aravalis are one of the oldest folded mountain ranges in the world, which is 692 km. it is long. It extends to Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and the Union Territory of Delhi.