Why in News
According to the report of National Family Health Survey-5 released on November 24, 2021, there has been a significant improvement in the sex ratio in Uttar Pradesh. At the same time, the fertility rate has come down to 2.4 as against 2.7.
- Spokesperson of the State Government said that during the last more than four and a half years, efforts have been made for the safety, respect and self-reliance of women and to stop female feticide. The sex ratio (number of females per 1000 males) has increased from 995 in 2015-16 to 1017 in 2020-21.
- Similarly, there has been an increase in the number of households using clean fuel for cooking and households using better sanitation facilities in the state.
- The percentage of households using clean fuel was 32.7 in the state in 2015-16, which has increased to 49.5 at present. Similarly, in sanitation facilities, this percentage has increased from 36.4 to 68.8. This has been possible due to effective implementation of Ujjwala Yojana and Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The number of pregnant women (15-49 years) affected by anemia in the state has come down by 5.1 percent, while at the national level it is 1.8 percent.
- There has been a decrease of 6.6 percent in cases of stunting of children in the state, which is 2.9 percent at the national level. In the same state, there was a decrease of 7.4 percent in the cases of children under normal weight, while it is 3.7 percent at the national level.
- Similarly, institutional delivery in the state has increased from 67.8 percent to 83.4 percent, family planning measures from 45.5 percent to 62.4 percent, antenatal check-up from 26.4 percent to 42.4 percent and diarrheal infection rate in children has decreased from 15 percent to 5.6 percent.
Why in News
Recently, the Rajasthan High Court has said in an important decision that a foreign national who is a victim of domestic violence can also file a complaint against her husband, provided the violence happened to him during his stay in India.
- A woman named Catherine had filed a complaint of domestic violence against her husband Roberto in 2019 while living in Jodhpur. Roberto challenged the complaint first in the Metropolitan Magistrate's Court and then in the Additional District and Sessions Court (Women's Atrocities Case).
- After the dismissal of the petition by both the courts, Roberto challenged both the decisions in the Rajasthan High Court on the grounds of non- maintainability of the complaint citing Catherine was not an Indian citizen.
- Arguing the matter, the counsel for the petitioner said that the petitioner and the respondent are not Indian citizens. Opposing this, the counsel for the respondent submitted that the definition of 'victim' has been given in terms of section 2(a) of the Domestic Violence Act 2005 and the definition itself is any woman, including a foreign national, who has been a victim of domestic violence. , she can file an application in the lower court.
- After hearing the arguments, Justice Vineet Kumar Mathur of Rajasthan High Court said that the respondent has been living in Jodhpur for the last 25 years. The incident recorded in the complaint is of Jodhpur after marrying the petitioner and Katherine's complaint is maintainable in view of the definitions drawn under Section 2(a) and 12 of the Domestic Violence Act, 2005.
Why in News
On November 25, 2021, Madhya Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia and Chief Secretary Iqbal Singh Bains inaugurated the 64th National Shooting (Rifle) Championship.
- This competition is being organized at Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy, Bisankhedi (Goragaon), Bhopal under the joint aegis of Sports and Youth Welfare Department and National Rifle Association of India.
- Olympic and International level players are participating in the championship. These include 6 Arjuna Awardees. This includes players from a total of 41 units of the country.
- Top 8 players will be selected from this championship, who will represent India in national and international tournaments.
- A 256-member team from the host Madhya Pradesh is participating in the competition. The largest party is from Maharashtra (518 members). Apart from this, 440 players from Uttar Pradesh, 368 from Rajasthan, 344 from Haryana and 221 from Punjab are participating. 70 gold medals will be at stake in the championship.
- Madhya Pradesh Shooting Academy is fully air-conditioned and has been designed keeping in mind the international competition. It has 60 lanes of 50 m, 70 lanes of 10 m and 50 lanes of 25 m. The same 3 lanes of trap shooting have been prepared.
- A 50 meter shooting range and three trap and skeet ranges have been set up at Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy, Bhopal. 50 lanes have been made in the 50 meter range. It is a world class shooting range and has been developed into a high performance centre.
Why In News
On November 24, 2021, Madhya Pradesh Culture Department has awarded National Kabir Samman, Kalidas Samman, Ashok Kumar Samman, Lata Mangeshkar Samman, Maithilisharan Gupta Samman, Iqbal Samman, Sharad Joshi Samman, Nanaji Deshmukh Samman, Kumar Gandharva Samman for the year 2019 and 2020.
- Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Culture and Spirituality Minister Usha Thakur said that the Madhya Pradesh government is reputed in the country for honoring excellence, creativity and multifarious contribution in the multi-faceted fields of literature, culture, cinema, social harmony, harmony etc.
- At present, 23 national and 9 state honors are conferred by the Department of Culture in the field of multidisciplinary disciplines.
- For the year 2019 and 2020, the announced honor, honor amount and recommended institution / litterateur / writer / artist are-
- National Kabir Samman (Rs 3 lakh) - Dr. Binay Rajaram (Bhopal) and Manoj Srivastava (Bhopal)
- Kalidas Samman (Classical Music) (Rs 2 lakh) - Pt. Abhay Narayan Malik (Noida) and Pt. Bhajan Sopori (Delhi)
- Kalidas Samman (Classical Dance) (Rs 2 lakh) - Sunaina Hazarilal (Mumbai) and Shanta-V.P. Dhananjayan (Chennai)
- Kalidas Samman (Rupankar Arts) (Rs 2 lakh) - Paramjit Singh (Delhi) and Dhruv Mistry (Baroda)
- Kalidas Samman (Range Karma) (Rs 2 lakh) - Dr. Anil Rastogi (Lucknow) and Vaman Kendra (Mumbai)
- Maithilisharan Gupt Samman (Rs 2 lakh) - Dr. Shivkumar Tiwari (Jabalpur) and Dr. Satchidanand Joshi (New Delhi)
- Kishore Kumar Samman (Rs 2 lakh) – Ashok Mishra (Mumbai) and Amitabh Bhattacharya (Mumbai)
- Lata Mangeshkar Samman (Rs 2 lakh) – Shailendra Singh (Mumbai) and Anand-Milind (Mumbai)
- Iqbal Samman (Rs 2 lakh) - Zakia Mashadi (Patna) and Prof. Ali Ahmed Fatmi (Prayagraj)
- Sharad Joshi Samman (Rs 2 lakh) - Kailash Mandlekar (Harda) and Vijay Manohar Tiwari (Bhopal)
- Nanaji Deshmukh Samman (Rs 2 lakh) - Narmada (Khargone) and Gaumukhi Seva Dham (Korba)
- Kumar Gandharva Samman (Rs 1.25 lakh) - Meeta Pandit (Delhi) and Suchismita-Debopriya (Thane, Maharashtra)
- Shikhar Samman (Hindi Literature) (Rs 1 lakh) – Shawal Satyarthi (Gwalior) and Hari Joshi (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (Urdu Literature) (Rs 1 lakh) - Naeem Kausar (Bhopal) and Devi Sharan (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (Sanskrit Literature) (Rs. 1 lakh) - Prof. Rameshwar Prasar Gupta (Datia) and Prof. Rash Behari Dwivedi (Jabalpur)
- Shikhar Samman (Drama) (Rs 1 lakh) - Vaishali Gupta (Bhopal) and K.G. Trivedi (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (Dance) (Rs 1 lakh) - Chandramadhav Barik (Bhopal) and Alpana Vajpayee (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (Music) (Rs 1 lakh) - Pt. Prabhakar Laxman Gohadkar (Gwalior) and Pt. Sajjan Lal Bramhabhte (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (Tribal and Folk Arts) (Rs 1 lakh) - Agnesh Kerketa (Bhopal) and Poornima Chaturvedi (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (rare instrument) (Rs. 1 lakh) - Babulal Bhola (Sagar) and Dr. Varsha Agarwal (Indore)
Why In News
Recently Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS), Ranchi and Partnering Hope Into Action (PHIA) Foundation, Ranchi signed a Memorandum of Understanding for a one year partnership for cooperation in the areas of gender equality and involving students as changemakers.
- The partnership between XISS and PHIA aims to co-create a facilitating platform where the youth leaders of tomorrow gain a wide range of experience to understand the nuances of the gender issue and help build a new narrative around gender justice.
- As part of this partnership, the PHIA Foundation will train XISS students to be changemakers, reaching out to the masses with creative content and creating awareness on the issue.
- Students/changemakers will initiate meaningful and engaging conversations to bring about change in themselves and others. Changemakers will also act as campaign ambassadors in educational institutions of the state and will be awarded Changemaker Certification.
- As a knowledge partner, PHIA Foundation will help organize workshops/idea-shops and awareness programs on gender issues for students.
Why in News
On November 24, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched the 'Chirag Project', to be operated with the assistance of the World Bank, at a cost of about Rs.1735
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister announced to name the Government Women's Polytechnic Dharampura after Dharamu Mahara and Bastar High School after Jagtu Mahara. Along with this, he announced the construction of a grand community hall in the name of Jagtu Mahara.
- He said that the 'Chirag Project' would be implemented in 14 districts including Bastar and Surguja divisions of Chhattisgarh. Through this project, new and developed methods of development in the agriculture sector will be promoted.
- The Chief Minister said that the main objective of the Chirag project is to provide maximum benefits to the farmers by improving the nutritional diet, value addition of agriculture and other products according to climate change, from the perspective of improved agriculture, good health.
- Under the project, in addition to small grain crops, integrated agriculture, promotion of organic farming, ground water enrichment, horticulture crops, horticulture development, improved fisheries, animal husbandry and milk production, the work has been done to earn more income by adding value to the farmers' produce. Apart from this, efforts will also be made for market availability for various agricultural products.
- The implementation of the project will be done by keeping the Gothans of the State Government's Suraji Yojana at the center.
- For this project, the World Bank and the United Nations Organization for Agricultural Development, IFAD, have given financial assistance. 730 crore by World Bank, Rs 486.69 crore by IFAD for this project. The state government has provided 30 percent of the total amount (Rs.518.68 crore) of this project from its state fund.
- The Chirag project will be implemented in tribal development blocks of Bastar, Bijapur, Dantewada, Kanker, Kondagaon, Narayanpur, Sukma, Mungeli, Balodabazar, Balrampur, Jashpur, Koriya, Surajpur and Surguja districts.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also visited the stalls (Krishi Mela) set up by the Agriculture and Allied Departments in the program organized in the Agricultural College campus and met the progressive farmers here.
- He also distributed beneficiary oriented material under various schemes during this period.
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra-Indira Gandhi Agricultural University at the Krishi Mela brought threshing machine, small grain crop sowing machine, plough, weeder, kodo weeder, paddy weeder, cycle wheel, Bastar agricultural product display, various varieties of small grain crops, Cashew processing center etc. were demonstrated.
- Fisheries Department, Coconut Development Board, Chhattisgarh State Rural Livelihood Mission (Bihan) in Krishi Madai, Harihar Bazaar, Danex, Livestock Development Department, Horticulture Department, Agriculture Development and Agriculture Welfare and Biotechnology Department exhibited various products, agricultural machinery Gaya.
Why In News
On November 24, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel also formally launched Wellness Tourism on the occasion of the launch of Think Bee Start Up Center in Jagdalpur. Guidance and counseling will also be given to tourists for a healthy lifestyle under wellness tourism. Tips for physical, mental and spiritual health will also be taught.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister said that tourists from all over the country and abroad would be attracted to visit the Bastar region through wellness tourism. Apart from promoting tourism in the region, people will also get a source of income.
- He distributed Arogyam Yoga Kit to the members of the Tourism Committee on this occasion. Yoga Kit includes Yoga Mat, Aromatic Oils, Incense sticks, Music System, Curry, Thermal Scanner, Induction Cooker, Diffuser, Gloves etc.
- It is worth mentioning that in order to attract the tourists and to provide them all possible facilities, new experiments are being done continuously by the district administration Bastar. Under this series, facilities for wellness tourism are being made available at the main tourist places in Bastar for the tourists.
- Wellness tourism will be operated by the local tourism societies with the help of qualified and trained trainers, which will also generate substantial income for the local villagers.
Switch to Hindi