Why in News?
- On November 23, 2021, in the cabinet meeting chaired by the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Pushkar Singh Dhami, the draft of the New Sports Policy 2021 was approved. As a policy, the government will set up centers of excellence for high priority sports in different parts of the state.
- With the implementation of sports policy, opportunities will open for the players of the state to show their talent at the national and international level.
- In the sports policy, while every year 2600 players across the state will be given a scholarship of Rs 2,000 per month, on the other hand, physical and sports aptitude tests will be implemented to identify the players from the age of eight.
- Sports Minister Arvind Pandey said that 'Uttarakhand Sports Policy 2021' is excellent and effective for the development and upgradation of sports culture in the state. Nowadays the interest of youth in sports has increased in the country and many possibilities have taken shape, in view of this, Uttarakhand Sports Policy-2021 was formulated by the state government in the interest of youth in the state.
- State government will select 300 children (150 boys and 150 girls) in each district of the state in the age group of 8 to 14 years and these 3,900 children will be provided a scholarship of Rs 1,500 per month. Similarly, 200 children in the age group of 14 to 23 years will be given a scholarship of Rs 2,000 per month by marking them in each district.
- Under the 'Uttarakhand Sports Policy 2021', children and youth affected by electronic culture will be motivated towards sports and move towards play field culture.
- Sports policy includes sports, upgradation of sportspersons, locating, nurturing and nurturing sports talent, increasing interest in sports, planning of sportspersons, arrangement of extra nutrients food diet along with normal diet, employment opportunities for sportspersons and complete Provision has been made to provide facilities.
- Under this policy, the state government has made provision for government jobs for medal winners in all categories of international and national sporting events.
Switch to Hindi