Why in News
- On November 20, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated the Modern Revenue Record Rooms built in all 22 districts of the state through virtual medium in the camp office.
- The Chief Minister said that the first Modern Revenue Record Room in the state was prepared in district Kaithal on June 24, 2017 as a pilot project. After this, on the occasion of Good Governance Day on December 25, 2019, the Modern Revenue Record Room project was started for all the districts.
- In Haryana, e-governance services have been further expanded by digitizing important revenue records. In future, important records related to other departments will also be digitized similarly.
- The state has received 148 awards so far, out of which about 100 awards have been received for the successful implementation of e-governance services.
- With the digitization of this record, the implementation of many schemes will also be accelerated and the public will get a lot of convenience.
- Additional Chief Secretary and Finance Commissioner Sanjeev Kaushal informed that under the Modern Revenue Record Room, 18.5 crore records of districts were scanned and digitized at the state level. With the record digitized, it will be much easier to preserve and use it.
Switch to Hindi