64th National Shooting (Rifle) Championship-2021 Inaugurated
- 25 Nov 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
On November 25, 2021, Madhya Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia and Chief Secretary Iqbal Singh Bains inaugurated the 64th National Shooting (Rifle) Championship.
- This competition is being organized at Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy, Bisankhedi (Goragaon), Bhopal under the joint aegis of Sports and Youth Welfare Department and National Rifle Association of India.
- Olympic and International level players are participating in the championship. These include 6 Arjuna Awardees. This includes players from a total of 41 units of the country.
- Top 8 players will be selected from this championship, who will represent India in national and international tournaments.
- A 256-member team from the host Madhya Pradesh is participating in the competition. The largest party is from Maharashtra (518 members). Apart from this, 440 players from Uttar Pradesh, 368 from Rajasthan, 344 from Haryana and 221 from Punjab are participating. 70 gold medals will be at stake in the championship.
- Madhya Pradesh Shooting Academy is fully air-conditioned and has been designed keeping in mind the international competition. It has 60 lanes of 50 m, 70 lanes of 10 m and 50 lanes of 25 m. The same 3 lanes of trap shooting have been prepared.
- A 50 meter shooting range and three trap and skeet ranges have been set up at Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy, Bhopal. 50 lanes have been made in the 50 meter range. It is a world class shooting range and has been developed into a high performance centre.