Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
64th National Shooting (Rifle) Championship-2021 Inaugurated
Why in News
On November 25, 2021, Madhya Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia and Chief Secretary Iqbal Singh Bains inaugurated the 64th National Shooting (Rifle) Championship.
- This competition is being organized at Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy, Bisankhedi (Goragaon), Bhopal under the joint aegis of Sports and Youth Welfare Department and National Rifle Association of India.
- Olympic and International level players are participating in the championship. These include 6 Arjuna Awardees. This includes players from a total of 41 units of the country.
- Top 8 players will be selected from this championship, who will represent India in national and international tournaments.
- A 256-member team from the host Madhya Pradesh is participating in the competition. The largest party is from Maharashtra (518 members). Apart from this, 440 players from Uttar Pradesh, 368 from Rajasthan, 344 from Haryana and 221 from Punjab are participating. 70 gold medals will be at stake in the championship.
- Madhya Pradesh Shooting Academy is fully air-conditioned and has been designed keeping in mind the international competition. It has 60 lanes of 50 m, 70 lanes of 10 m and 50 lanes of 25 m. The same 3 lanes of trap shooting have been prepared.
- A 50 meter shooting range and three trap and skeet ranges have been set up at Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy, Bhopal. 50 lanes have been made in the 50 meter range. It is a world class shooting range and has been developed into a high performance centre.
Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Announcement of Prestigious Honors of the Department of Culture
Why In News
On November 24, 2021, Madhya Pradesh Culture Department has awarded National Kabir Samman, Kalidas Samman, Ashok Kumar Samman, Lata Mangeshkar Samman, Maithilisharan Gupta Samman, Iqbal Samman, Sharad Joshi Samman, Nanaji Deshmukh Samman, Kumar Gandharva Samman for the year 2019 and 2020.
- Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Culture and Spirituality Minister Usha Thakur said that the Madhya Pradesh government is reputed in the country for honoring excellence, creativity and multifarious contribution in the multi-faceted fields of literature, culture, cinema, social harmony, harmony etc.
- At present, 23 national and 9 state honors are conferred by the Department of Culture in the field of multidisciplinary disciplines.
- For the year 2019 and 2020, the announced honor, honor amount and recommended institution / litterateur / writer / artist are-
- National Kabir Samman (Rs 3 lakh) - Dr. Binay Rajaram (Bhopal) and Manoj Srivastava (Bhopal)
- Kalidas Samman (Classical Music) (Rs 2 lakh) - Pt. Abhay Narayan Malik (Noida) and Pt. Bhajan Sopori (Delhi)
- Kalidas Samman (Classical Dance) (Rs 2 lakh) - Sunaina Hazarilal (Mumbai) and Shanta-V.P. Dhananjayan (Chennai)
- Kalidas Samman (Rupankar Arts) (Rs 2 lakh) - Paramjit Singh (Delhi) and Dhruv Mistry (Baroda)
- Kalidas Samman (Range Karma) (Rs 2 lakh) - Dr. Anil Rastogi (Lucknow) and Vaman Kendra (Mumbai)
- Maithilisharan Gupt Samman (Rs 2 lakh) - Dr. Shivkumar Tiwari (Jabalpur) and Dr. Satchidanand Joshi (New Delhi)
- Kishore Kumar Samman (Rs 2 lakh) – Ashok Mishra (Mumbai) and Amitabh Bhattacharya (Mumbai)
- Lata Mangeshkar Samman (Rs 2 lakh) – Shailendra Singh (Mumbai) and Anand-Milind (Mumbai)
- Iqbal Samman (Rs 2 lakh) - Zakia Mashadi (Patna) and Prof. Ali Ahmed Fatmi (Prayagraj)
- Sharad Joshi Samman (Rs 2 lakh) - Kailash Mandlekar (Harda) and Vijay Manohar Tiwari (Bhopal)
- Nanaji Deshmukh Samman (Rs 2 lakh) - Narmada (Khargone) and Gaumukhi Seva Dham (Korba)
- Kumar Gandharva Samman (Rs 1.25 lakh) - Meeta Pandit (Delhi) and Suchismita-Debopriya (Thane, Maharashtra)
- Shikhar Samman (Hindi Literature) (Rs 1 lakh) – Shawal Satyarthi (Gwalior) and Hari Joshi (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (Urdu Literature) (Rs 1 lakh) - Naeem Kausar (Bhopal) and Devi Sharan (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (Sanskrit Literature) (Rs. 1 lakh) - Prof. Rameshwar Prasar Gupta (Datia) and Prof. Rash Behari Dwivedi (Jabalpur)
- Shikhar Samman (Drama) (Rs 1 lakh) - Vaishali Gupta (Bhopal) and K.G. Trivedi (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (Dance) (Rs 1 lakh) - Chandramadhav Barik (Bhopal) and Alpana Vajpayee (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (Music) (Rs 1 lakh) - Pt. Prabhakar Laxman Gohadkar (Gwalior) and Pt. Sajjan Lal Bramhabhte (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (Tribal and Folk Arts) (Rs 1 lakh) - Agnesh Kerketa (Bhopal) and Poornima Chaturvedi (Bhopal)
- Shikhar Samman (rare instrument) (Rs. 1 lakh) - Babulal Bhola (Sagar) and Dr. Varsha Agarwal (Indore)
Switch to Hindi