Why in News
- A meeting of the Council of Ministers was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on November 23, 2021. It was decided by the cabinet that "Urja Saksharta Abhiyan" would be launched at the state level to make all the citizens of the state energy literate. Through the campaign, the citizens of the state will be given information about energy saving.
- Taking a step towards tackling the effects of global warming and climate change, the state government is starting an "Urja Literacy Campaign" (Urja Saksharta Abhiyan).
- Efforts will be made to make all the citizens of the state energy literate according to the time bound action plan under the Urja Saksharta Abhiyan.
- In this, to develop an understanding of the expenditure and dissipation of energy in the general public, to give information about traditional and alternative sources of energy and to create an understanding of their impact on the environment, meaningful dialogue about the use of energy and energy, about energy conservation and management, Organized activities such as creating awareness about the impacts of energy use, making decisions for its efficient use based on understanding the consequences, mitigating environmental risks and negative impacts of climate change and enabling selection of different energy technologies.
- Through this unique campaign, the students of schools and colleges and the general public will be given information about energy and energy saving.
- The campaign will be implemented as a mission.
Why in News
- Recently, Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh has got the first place in the country for excellent work in the field of fisheries development.
- Balaghat district was given the first prize on World Fisheries Day (21 November) in Bhubaneswar, the capital of Odisha. The survey covered 70 districts of the country.
- Rs.3 lakh and Memento was given by the Government of India as a reward. Director Fisheries Bharat Singh and Deputy Director Fisheries Industry Balaghat Shashi Prabha received this award.
- Bharat Singh informed that Balaghat district has received the Best Inland State award for doing excellent work for RAS, Biofloc, Cage and economic progress of women and children.
- Balaghat has distributed/established 2 feed mills, 23 retail markets, 2 kiosks, 10 Biofloc, 280 two wheelers, 5 three wheelers, 160 cage cultures etc in the last three years. Under PMMSY scheme, 2288 beneficiaries have been benefited and in Savings-cum-Relief scheme, 7292 beneficiaries have been benefited.
Why in News?
- The Curtain Razor of India International Science Festival (IISF) 2021 was launched by Om Prakash Sakhlecha, Minister of Science & Technology and MSME, at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 23rd November, 2021.
- This festival was organized under the joint aegis of Madhya Pradesh Council of Science and Technology and Madhya Pradesh Private University Regulatory Commission.
- This time the festival will be organized in both virtual and direct mode. The celebration will also highlight the contribution of Indian scientists on the occasion of 75 years of independence.
- Dr. Anil Kothari, Director General of Madhya Pradesh Science Council said that this is the biggest science festival in Asia.
- The five pillars of the science festival are Freedom Struggle (it will introduce Indian scientists associated with the freedom struggle), Ideas at Seventy Five (inviting new ideas from the youth), Achievements at Seventy Five (in this 75 years of achievements), Action at Seventy Five (It will have 75 action plans for New India), Resolve at Seventy Five (It will have 75 resolutions for self-reliant India).
- Chief Scientist of the Council Dr. Rakesh Kumar Arya told in the presentation on IISF 2021 that the 7th Science Festival will be held in Panaji from 10-13 December. There will be 12 events including Science Film and Science Literature Festival and Mega Science and Technology Expo exhibition will also be organized.
Switch to Hindi