Urja Saksharta Abhiyan
- 24 Nov 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- A meeting of the Council of Ministers was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on November 23, 2021. It was decided by the cabinet that "Urja Saksharta Abhiyan" would be launched at the state level to make all the citizens of the state energy literate. Through the campaign, the citizens of the state will be given information about energy saving.
- Taking a step towards tackling the effects of global warming and climate change, the state government is starting an "Urja Literacy Campaign" (Urja Saksharta Abhiyan).
- Efforts will be made to make all the citizens of the state energy literate according to the time bound action plan under the Urja Saksharta Abhiyan.
- In this, to develop an understanding of the expenditure and dissipation of energy in the general public, to give information about traditional and alternative sources of energy and to create an understanding of their impact on the environment, meaningful dialogue about the use of energy and energy, about energy conservation and management, Organized activities such as creating awareness about the impacts of energy use, making decisions for its efficient use based on understanding the consequences, mitigating environmental risks and negative impacts of climate change and enabling selection of different energy technologies.
- Through this unique campaign, the students of schools and colleges and the general public will be given information about energy and energy saving.
- The campaign will be implemented as a mission.