Why in News?
- On June 24, 2022, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) Project Director Arvind Kumar said that the Canadian company has been entrusted with the responsibility of collecting and repairing toll for 20 years on the Eastern Peripheral Expressway.
- NHAI has awarded the expressway contract to Canada-based Indian Highway Management Company Limited for a period of 20 years. The company will deposit Rs 6,267 crore and collect toll for 20 years as well as repair it. The expressway will soon be transferred to the company.
- It is worth mentioning that the contract of the company is changed for toll collection every year on the expressway and that company is limited to toll collection only. The responsibility of repairing it lies with NHAI.
- NHAI had constructed an expressway from Kundli in Haryana to Palwal via Ghaziabad. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018. It cost 10 thousand 800 crore rupees from land acquisition to construction.
Why in News?
- On June 23, 2022, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Somen Verma inaugurated the state's first Transgender Cell (Police Help Center) at Qaisar Bagh Kotwali, Lucknow Police Commissionerate.
- Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Somen Verma said that instructions have been given by the social welfare department to set up such help desks in all the police stations of Uttar Pradesh. In this connection, the first transgender desk has been set up in the Lucknow Commissionerate.
- The purpose of this cell is to hear the grievances of the transgenders as well as to dispose of the complaints within 24 hours.
- With the launch of this cell, now transgenders and women will not have to hesitate to go to the police, as only women policemen have been deployed in this cell.
- A security cell will also be set up in every police station for their safety. Where the grievances of the transgenders will be disposed of at the earliest.
- Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Chiranjeev Nath Sinha said that it is a dedicated cell where the problems of transgenders and women will be heard with dignity with their respect. Along with this, after the problem of the complainant is resolved, its feedback will also be taken from him, which will improve the functioning of this cell.
Why in News?
- On June 24, 2022, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar inaugurated the first phase of JP Ganga Path in Patna on the lines of Marine Drive in Mumbai.
- Arun Kumar, DGM of Ganga Path Construction, said that the road is 20.5 km from Digha Ghat to Didarganj Ghat. It is long and costs Rs. 3831 crores.
- This road is being prepared in four phases. In the first phase, from Digha in Patna to Patna Medical College Hospital (PMCH), about seven and a half km. The work of the long path has been completed, which has been inaugurated by the Chief Minister.
- With the inauguration of JP Ganga Path, the journey of one and a half hours will now be completed in just twenty minutes. The people of North Bihar will also benefit a lot from this.
- In the second phase, the work up to Gai Ghat will be completed by December, 2022; in the third phase till Patna Ghat by April, 2023 and the fourth phase by February, 2024.
- It may be recalled that in 2011, the proposal to build marine drive in Patna was passed by the government, after which Chief Minister Nitish Kumar laid the foundation stone for it on October 11, 2013, the birth anniversary of Jai Prakash Narayan.
Why in News?
- Recently, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the proposal to give benefits of Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme (RIPS)-2019 to rural tourism units under Rajasthan Rural Tourism Scheme-2022.
- As per the proposal, rural tourism units will be able to get the benefit of stamp duty exemption under RIPS-2019. Rural tourism unit will also be defined among the units of tourism sector as defined under RIPS-2019.
- The minimum limit for investment of rural tourism units can be kept at Rs 1 crore to provide full benefits of RIPS-2019 to rural tourism units. At the same time, there will also be 100 percent recharge of SGST payable and deposited for 10 years.
- The chief minister's approval will create new jobs through tourism units in villages, promote handicrafts and enable tourists to get acquainted with the rural traditions of Rajasthan. It is worth mentioning that the tourism industry has also been given the status of thrust sector under RIPS-2019.
- It may be recalled that Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced the Rajasthan Rural Tourism Scheme-2022 in the budget for the year 2022-23 to promote rural tourism in the state.
Why in News?
- On June 24, 2022, the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) has approved the second testing lab of Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company (MPPKVVCL).
- The state-of-the-art lab of Regional Meter Testing at Ujjain has received the NABL certificate.
- Amit Tomar, Managing Director, MPPKVVCL Indore, said that earlier, lab, which tested transformers, cables and conductors at Indore Pologround, had also received NABL certificate last year.
- In both the laboratories of Indore and Ujjain, testing of important electrical equipment is being done in a state-of-the-art manner. Both the labs were manufactured under the self-reliant India campaign.
- Apart from this, all the steps have been completed to get the state-of-the-art lab of meter testing located at Pologround, Indore as NABL status. Indore's Meter Testing Lab is also likely to get the NABL certificate in two weeks.
- NABL is a constituent board of the Quality Council of India, an autonomous body set up under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- NABL is the only body to give national level recognition to testing laboratories in the country.
Why in News?
- On June 24, 2022, Chhattisgarh's School Education Minister Dr. Premsai Singh Tekam informed that 76 new Swami Atmanand English Medium Schools are being started in the state by the School Education Department from this academic session. Students will be given admission in these new schools from July 1.
- Dr. Premsai Singh Tekam informed that on the request of parents and children, Chief Minister Baghel had announced to open 50 more new English medium schools in the state. During the meeting of the assembly constituencies, on the demand of the people, the Chief Minister had announced the opening of 26 more new English medium schools. As per the intention of the Chief Minister and his announcement, 76 new schools are being opened.
- With the opening of 76 new schools, the number of Swami Atmanand Excellent English medium schools in the state will increase from 171 to 247. There are 32 Swami Atmananda Excellent Hindi Medium Schools operating in the state.
- Hindi medium will continue to operate in these schools as before. No fixed number has been fixed for the admission of Hindi medium students. Schools can give admission as per their requirement and capability. Schools can be operated in two shifts as per requirement.
Switch to Hindi