Why in News?
- On June 24, 2022, the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) has approved the second testing lab of Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company (MPPKVVCL).
- The state-of-the-art lab of Regional Meter Testing at Ujjain has received the NABL certificate.
- Amit Tomar, Managing Director, MPPKVVCL Indore, said that earlier, lab, which tested transformers, cables and conductors at Indore Pologround, had also received NABL certificate last year.
- In both the laboratories of Indore and Ujjain, testing of important electrical equipment is being done in a state-of-the-art manner. Both the labs were manufactured under the self-reliant India campaign.
- Apart from this, all the steps have been completed to get the state-of-the-art lab of meter testing located at Pologround, Indore as NABL status. Indore's Meter Testing Lab is also likely to get the NABL certificate in two weeks.
- NABL is a constituent board of the Quality Council of India, an autonomous body set up under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- NABL is the only body to give national level recognition to testing laboratories in the country.
Switch to Hindi