JP Ganga Path of Patna
- 25 Jun 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On June 24, 2022, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar inaugurated the first phase of JP Ganga Path in Patna on the lines of Marine Drive in Mumbai.
- Arun Kumar, DGM of Ganga Path Construction, said that the road is 20.5 km from Digha Ghat to Didarganj Ghat. It is long and costs Rs. 3831 crores.
- This road is being prepared in four phases. In the first phase, from Digha in Patna to Patna Medical College Hospital (PMCH), about seven and a half km. The work of the long path has been completed, which has been inaugurated by the Chief Minister.
- With the inauguration of JP Ganga Path, the journey of one and a half hours will now be completed in just twenty minutes. The people of North Bihar will also benefit a lot from this.
- In the second phase, the work up to Gai Ghat will be completed by December, 2022; in the third phase till Patna Ghat by April, 2023 and the fourth phase by February, 2024.
- It may be recalled that in 2011, the proposal to build marine drive in Patna was passed by the government, after which Chief Minister Nitish Kumar laid the foundation stone for it on October 11, 2013, the birth anniversary of Jai Prakash Narayan.