Rural Tourism Units will Get the Benefits of RIPS-2019
- 25 Jun 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- Recently, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the proposal to give benefits of Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme (RIPS)-2019 to rural tourism units under Rajasthan Rural Tourism Scheme-2022.
- As per the proposal, rural tourism units will be able to get the benefit of stamp duty exemption under RIPS-2019. Rural tourism unit will also be defined among the units of tourism sector as defined under RIPS-2019.
- The minimum limit for investment of rural tourism units can be kept at Rs 1 crore to provide full benefits of RIPS-2019 to rural tourism units. At the same time, there will also be 100 percent recharge of SGST payable and deposited for 10 years.
- The chief minister's approval will create new jobs through tourism units in villages, promote handicrafts and enable tourists to get acquainted with the rural traditions of Rajasthan. It is worth mentioning that the tourism industry has also been given the status of thrust sector under RIPS-2019.
- It may be recalled that Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced the Rajasthan Rural Tourism Scheme-2022 in the budget for the year 2022-23 to promote rural tourism in the state.