Why in News?
- On June 24, 2022, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) Project Director Arvind Kumar said that the Canadian company has been entrusted with the responsibility of collecting and repairing toll for 20 years on the Eastern Peripheral Expressway.
- NHAI has awarded the expressway contract to Canada-based Indian Highway Management Company Limited for a period of 20 years. The company will deposit Rs 6,267 crore and collect toll for 20 years as well as repair it. The expressway will soon be transferred to the company.
- It is worth mentioning that the contract of the company is changed for toll collection every year on the expressway and that company is limited to toll collection only. The responsibility of repairing it lies with NHAI.
- NHAI had constructed an expressway from Kundli in Haryana to Palwal via Ghaziabad. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018. It cost 10 thousand 800 crore rupees from land acquisition to construction.
Why in News?
- On June 23, 2022, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Somen Verma inaugurated the state's first Transgender Cell (Police Help Center) at Qaisar Bagh Kotwali, Lucknow Police Commissionerate.
- Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Somen Verma said that instructions have been given by the social welfare department to set up such help desks in all the police stations of Uttar Pradesh. In this connection, the first transgender desk has been set up in the Lucknow Commissionerate.
- The purpose of this cell is to hear the grievances of the transgenders as well as to dispose of the complaints within 24 hours.
- With the launch of this cell, now transgenders and women will not have to hesitate to go to the police, as only women policemen have been deployed in this cell.
- A security cell will also be set up in every police station for their safety. Where the grievances of the transgenders will be disposed of at the earliest.
- Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Chiranjeev Nath Sinha said that it is a dedicated cell where the problems of transgenders and women will be heard with dignity with their respect. Along with this, after the problem of the complainant is resolved, its feedback will also be taken from him, which will improve the functioning of this cell.
Switch to Hindi