Why in News
- On June 19, 2022, Uttar Pradesh's Minister of State for Social Welfare Aseem Varun informed about the e-RUPI scholarship in the state.
- The Minister informed that e-RUPI is a kind of e-Bank draft or voucher, which will enable the general category students to know first whether they will get the scholarship or not.
- The e-RUPI will not be able to withdraw the money sent by the government from the student's account nor will it be used for any other purpose, except to pay school-college fees.
- The use of e- RUPI being started as a pilot project will check corruption and every child will get scholarship.
Why in News
- Recently, The Chief Secretary of Bihar State, Amir Sawhney has written a letter to all the district collectors directing them to preserve the heritage trees of Bihar.
- The heritage of Bihar includes all types of old trees above 50 years of age.
- The Chief Secretary has requested the district collectors to give wide publicity to collect information related to heritage trees of the state through Bihar Heritage Tree App. At the same time, necessary action should be taken to conserve those trees.
- A data base is being prepared by Bihar State Biodiversity Council through Bihar Heritage Tree App for conservation of heritage trees.
- It can be attended by all the people including people's representatives, students, teachers, farmers, office bearers, employees, members of the Biodiversity Management Committee. All of them should be inspired for biodiversity.
- Also, information about trees older than 50 years can be uploaded on the portal of Bihar State Biodiversity Council through the Bihar Heritage Tree App.
Why in News
- On June 19, 2022, Rajasthan's Autonomous Government Minister Shanti Dhariwal gave home entry to the allottees by handing over possession of the Devnarayan Integrated Housing Scheme, prepared for the first time for cattle herders equipped with unique and modern facilities across the country.
- It was announced by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot to develop Devnarayan Integrated Housing Scheme for the orderly educational, economic and social development of cattle herders of Kota city at a cost of Rs. 300 crore.
- The foundation stone of the project was laid by the Chief Minister on August 17, 2020, in which 501 houses have been allotted by the Urban Development Trust Kota after completing the construction of 738 houses in the first phase.
- The scheme provides for 1227 large residential plots for cattle herders. Out of these, construction of 738 houses has been completed and allotted to 501 cattle herders. The rear part of these plots has two rooms, kitchen, toilet, bathroom, verandah, fodder storage facility in an area of about 40 square meters. A shed has been constructed for animals in the front of the plot.
- For the convenience of cattle owners, school building, veterinary hospital, society office, police post, power sub-station, high water reservoir, sewer line, park, drain, roads, STP, cattle fair ground and milk market were also constructed in the scheme. Apart from this, Primary Health Center, community building, theatre have been constructed according to the future requirement.
- In the scheme, a biogas plant is being set up by the Urban Development Trust for the disposal of cow dung from about 15,000 animals, which will lead to the disposal of cow dung as well as the production of organic manure.
Why in News
- The newly redesigned and redeveloped website (www.vanviharnationalpark.org) of Van Vihar National Park and Zoo has been launched on June 18, 2022. This new website has been designed to keep the public up to date with the latest events and news in Van Vihar.
- The website has a modern responsive coding and design keeping pace with the modern times. The website will automatically adjust itself to the size of the screen of that device on whichever device the website is opened on.
- All social media pages of Van Vihar have also been linked to the new website. The general public can access Van Vihar's Facebook, Instagram and Twitter profiles from the website itself.
- The website will be updated almost on a daily basis and the public will be able to view it within a few minutes of uploading. There will be a waiting period of about zero minutes to update the latest information.
- The latest news related to Van Vihar will be compiled and displayed as a group on the home page as well as a separate detailed page for each news.
- The latest and important documents such as brochures etc. will be available for download to the public. The gallery section will be updated regularly with the latest photos.
Why in News
- On the occasion of World Sickle Cell Anemia Awareness Day on June 19, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya attended a workshop on holistic management of sickle cell disease organized at Indian Institute of Information Technology Designing and Mindfulness (Triple ITDM) in Jabalpur.
- The workshop has been organized by ICMR, National Institute of Tribal Health Research and Department of Public Health and Family Welfare.
- It may be recalled that a campaign is being launched for prevention and prevention of Sickle Cell Anemia in 14 tribal-dominated districts of Madhya Pradesh, in which health, marriage and rehabilitation assistance of sick persons are also being taken care of.
- Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) is a genetic disorder of blood, which is found in abundance in many tribal groups distributed in the States/Regions of Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Western Odisha, Eastern Gujarat and Northern Tamil Nadu and Kerala etc.
- It may be mentioned that the Unmukt Project is being implemented by the Central Government to strengthen screening and timely management of Sickle Cell Anemia.
Why in News
- Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra from Panipat district of Haryana won the gold medal at the Kuortane Games held in Finland on June 18, 2022.
- Neeraj Chopra is the first Indian athlete to win a medal at the Games. He achieved this by pumping the jewellion up to 86.69 m.
- He has achieved this feat, beating Trinidad and Tobago's Kesharan Walcott and Grenada's world champion Anderson Peters.
- It is known that in the month of June itself, Neeraj Chopra won a silver medal in the Pave Nurmi Games, setting a national record with a throw of 89.30 meters.
Why in News
- On June 19, 2022, with a stellar performance and interesting competitions, the 15th Jharkhand State Boxing Championship concluded at The Novamundi Boxing Centre (NBC) of Tata Steel.
- More than 132 boxers from 11 districts participated in the three-day high-octane boxing championships.
- The competition was divided into two categories, Junior (Boy and Girl) and Young (Male and Female).
- Palak Kumari, Annu Pandey and Rahul Kumar of East Singhbhum won the award for best boxer in junior (girl) and youth (women and men) category respectively in this competition, while Suraj Rana, West Singhbhum won the best boxer award in junior (boy) category.
- At the same time, East Singhbhum won the award of team champion in the junior (boys and girls) and youth (men's and women') categories.
- Ranchi received the runners-up award and Dhanbad and West Singhbhum received the runners-up award in youth (male and female) respectively.
Why in News
- On January 19, 2022, a notification was issued by the Central Government for the appointment of Justice Vipin Sanghi of the Delhi High Court as the Chief Justice of Uttarakhand.
- The appointment of a new Chief Justice by the Central Government has been approved within a month of the recommendation of the Supreme Court Collegium headed by Chief Justice of India N.V. Ramanna.
- Article 217 of the Constitution states that the appointment of a High Court Judge shall be made by the President in consultation with the Chief Justice of India (CJI) and the Governor of the State concerned.
- In the case of appointment of a judge other than the Chief Justice, the Chief Justice of the High Court is consulted.
- At present, the appointment of High Court judges is recommended by a collegium, consisting of the CJI and two senior-most judges. However, the proposal for appointment of judges is initiated by the Chief Justice of the concerned High Court in consultation with the two senior most colleagues.
- The number of permanent judges in the Uttarakhand High Court is nine and the number of additional judges is two.
Switch to Hindi