Why in News
- Recently, The Chief Secretary of Bihar State, Amir Sawhney has written a letter to all the district collectors directing them to preserve the heritage trees of Bihar.
- The heritage of Bihar includes all types of old trees above 50 years of age.
- The Chief Secretary has requested the district collectors to give wide publicity to collect information related to heritage trees of the state through Bihar Heritage Tree App. At the same time, necessary action should be taken to conserve those trees.
- A data base is being prepared by Bihar State Biodiversity Council through Bihar Heritage Tree App for conservation of heritage trees.
- It can be attended by all the people including people's representatives, students, teachers, farmers, office bearers, employees, members of the Biodiversity Management Committee. All of them should be inspired for biodiversity.
- Also, information about trees older than 50 years can be uploaded on the portal of Bihar State Biodiversity Council through the Bihar Heritage Tree App.
Switch to Hindi