Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on 19 March 2023, to improve the level of basic education in Uttar Pradesh, the state government has given a new target to the Basic Education Department, under which 44,000 primary schools in the state will have to attain the status of accomplished schools by the end of this year.
- It is well known that instructions were provided to accomplish this in the past review conducted by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- It is noteworthy that the Nipun Bharat Mission aims to ensure that every child in the country compulsorily acquires foundational literacy and numeracy by the end of grade 3 by 2026-27.
- The Mission, which has been launched under the aegis of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Samagra Shiksha, will focus on providing access and retention of children in the foundational years of schooling.
- According to the instructions given to the Basic Education Department, each ARP (Academic Resource Person) will have to make 10 schools proficient by December. In this way, the target is to make more than 44 thousand schools proficient by the end of this year itself.
- Similarly, it will be mandatory for teachers to make their schools efficient by July 2023. Through this, there is a target to make more than 41 thousand schools proficient.
- Apart from this, instructions have been given to make at least one block proficient in each district of the state. In this way, a target has been fixed to make 75 blocks efficient by December 2023.
- Along with the instructions, the toolkit has also been fixed. Under this, the lesson plan mentioned in the directory will have to be implemented in 100 percent of the classes. 100% school-based assessment will have to be completed through a master table.
- Apart from this, spot assessment will be done by mentors, while spot assessment will be ensured by DIET students.
Why in News?
According to information received from media sources on 18 March 2023, in the 46th meeting of the Bihar State Investment Promotion Council, chaired by the Development Commissioner, an investment of Rs 557 crore under 60 investment proposals was given a preliminary green signal.
- All these proposals are of more than two crore rupees. Of these, the maximum investment proposal of Rs 122 crore is for the food processing sector.
- Apart from this, financial incentive clearance was also given to 13 proposals in this meeting. Under this, an investment of Rs 214.44 crore will be made. Banks have agreed to provide financial facilities, help and loans for them.
- According to official information, the state's industrial units have been asked to be marked on the map, along with instructions have also been given to mark industrial shady zones.
- Out of 60 investment proposals, 18 units of rice mills have been set up. All these units have been set up for processing Parboiled Rice. In fact, recently the state government has promoted Parboiled Rice (Usna rice), so these investments have been proposed. All these investment proposals are concentrated in Lakhisarai, Araria, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Purnea, Katihar, Madhepura, Shivhar, Sitamarhi, Patna, West Champaran districts.
- The 19 proposals that received initial clearance in the food processing sector are concentrated in Banka, Vaishali, Purnea, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Gaya, Kishanganj, Darbhanga, Samastipur, Hajipur and Jamui
- Among the important proposals for establishment of food units in food processing, about Rs 18 crore for poultry feed in Motipur Mega Food Park, Muzaffarpur & a poultry feed plant worth Rs 18.50 crore is to be set up at the Industrial Growth Center in Purnea.
- An investment of Rs 33 crore is proposed for Kurkure and Potato Chips in Hajipur Industrial Zone. Apart from this, an investment of Rs 39.40 crore is proposed in Muzaffarpur and about Rs 3.50 crore in the textile sector.
- An investment of Rs 52.58 crore has been proposed for the establishment of a 150-bed super specialty hospital on Digha Ashiana Road, Patna, and an investment of more than Rs 19 crore for the construction of hardware related to IT, electrical, electronic etc. in Patliputra industrial area, Patna. Apart from this, an investment of more than Rs 17.38 crore is proposed for the construction of hotel and banquet in Muzaffarpur.
- Main proposals which were given financially incentivised-
- 65 KLPD ethanol plant in Buxar
- 73 Bed Multi Specialty Hospital at Rajendra Nagar Road Patna
- LPG bottling refilling plant at Amarpur in Banka district
- New grid of 1500 KWP in Renewable Energy Sector in Gaya
- Food processing unit with annual production of one lakh metric ton in Fatuha
- Sector wise investment proposals which have been given Stage One clearance-
|Sector||Number of applications||Total Proposed Investment (Rs. in Crore)|
Why in News?
On 18 March 2023, Rajasthan’s Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the Jodhpur International Theater Festival through video conferencing from Bikaner House in New Delhi.
- Artists from all fields related to art from India and abroad have participated in the Jodhpur International Theater Festival. Along with the performance of plays in the festival, there will also be a churning on theatrical art every day. Through these, new artists will be able to benefit and be inspired by their experiences by listening to the experts of this field.
- Vice President of Rajasthan State Fair Authority Ramesh Borana said that 6 plays from India and abroad will be performed at the Jodhpur International Theater Festival.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said that Rajasthan Sangeet Natak Akademi is doing excellent work in the field of arts. Work is being done to connect the young generation with this art by opening drama department in higher educational institutions in the state. Along with this, an international platform is also being provided to the artists through Bikaner House in Delhi.
- The Chief Minister said that the state government is working with commitment to encourage artists. A provision of Rs 100 crore has been made in the budget for the formation of Lok Kalakar Sambal Kosh. A scheme has been brought to give 5000 rupees to artists to buy instruments and to give them work for 100 days in a year.
- Apart from this, an honorarium of Rs 5000 was made available to support the artists during the Corona period. Artists are being given the opportunity to perform in the folk festivals organised by the state government.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also released a booklet on Jodhpur International Theater Festival.
Why in News?
Recently, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the 'Dayalu Scheme' with the objectives of providing financial assistance to Antyodaya families in case of death or disability, taking pioneering steps to provide socio-financial security in line with the realisation of Antyodaya philosophy of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said that under the 'Dayalu Scheme', financial assistance will be provided on the basis of the verified data in the family identity card, on the death or disability of a family member earning up to Rs 1 lakh 80 thousand.
- This scheme will be implemented by the Haryana Family Protection Trust.
- It is worth mentioning that the state government has established the Haryana Parivar Suraksha Nyas to consolidate the existing insurance schemes running in the state to ensure standardisation and to simplify the claims process and to provide direct benefits to the people.
- Three schemes have been started by the trust, in which 'Chief Minister Haryana Employees Accidental Insurance Scheme' for Group C and D employees and cleaning workers working in high-risk areas, 'Chief Minister Traders Collective Private Accident Insurance Scheme' for small businessmen for accidental death or permanent disability and 'Mukhyamantri Parivar Samriddhi Yojana' to provide social security cover to Antyodaya families are included.
- To get the benefit of 'Dayalu Scheme', the beneficiary will have to apply within 3 months through the online portal in case of accidental or natural death and permanent disability. In case of death to the head of the family and in case of permanent disability to the disabled beneficiary, the assistance amount will be paid in the bank account registered in the Parivar Pehchan Patra database.
- It is known that in the budget speech of the year 2023-24, the Chief Minister as the finance minister has announced the benefits of this scheme including various insurance schemes through the Haryana Family Security Trust.
- Under the Dayalu Scheme, benefits will be given according to different age groups. The scheme will also include an amount of Rs 2 lakhs to be received under 'Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)' and 'Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)'.
Why in News?
On 19 March 2022, Hockey India Secretary General Bholanath Singh formally inaugurated the 1st Hockey India Junior Women and Men East Zone Hockey Championship 2023 held at Khunti, Jharkhand.
- During this, the Deputy Commissioner of Khunti said that along with promotion of sports activities the purpose of encouraging talented young players by organising hockey competitions would be successful.
- It is known that a 7-day program is going to be organised for this competition from March 19 to 26 at the Astroturf Hockey Stadium in Khunti.
- Players from a total of 6 states are participating in the 1st Hockey India Junior Women and Men East Zone Hockey Championship 2023.
- The inaugural match was played between Jharkhand and Bihar, in which the host Jharkhand women's hockey team won the match by defeating Bihar Hockey 11-0. Jharkhand team captain Adeline Bage got the player of the match title.
Why in News?
On 18 March 2023, Bhupesh Baghel, the Chief Minister of the state, while participating virtually in the program organised on the occasion of Bhakta Mata Karma Jayanti and Mukhye Mantri Kanya Vivah in village Banskot of Keshkal assembly of Kondagaon district, declared Manjhingarh tourist destination as Biodiversity Park to be developed on the lines of Jungle Safari.
- In the programme, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel mentioned establishment of District Cooperative Central Bank Branch in Banskot, upgradation of Sub Health Center Gamhri as Primary Health Center, opening of Swami Atmanand Excellent English Medium School in Banskot and also announced the construction of indoor stadium for encouragement of the sportspersons of the district.
- It is known that 8 km upstream from Gram Panchayat Khallari in Baderajpur block of Keshkal in Kondagaon district, Manjhingarh (among the mountains) is situated 5000 feet above sea level. Kanker, Sarona and Dudhwa Dams can also be seen from here.
- Manjhingarh is a cave between the rocks where there are thousands of years old rock paintings. Manjhingarh is believed to be the site of primitive man and a very interesting legend is told by the local elders of being ruled by the 'Uika' people, a strange dwarf race like aliens.
- Manjhingarh is attracting people as a popular Ecotourism destination of Kondagaon district.The dense forests, wildlife, medicinal plants, prehistoric paintings, beautiful valleys and geographical structures here provide a special experience to the tourists.
- Mata Garhmawali resides in Manjhingarh. A large number of people also reach this place on the day of Bhangaram Jatra of Keshkal in the month of Bhado. The Jatra, which protects the village and the villagers from natural calamities and cherishes the wishes of happiness, peace and prosperity has a very special significance for the local people.
Why in News?
According to the information given by the Press Information Bureau (PIB) of the Government of India on 18 March 2023, in order to achieve the target of Net Zero Carbon Emitter i.e. Zero Carbon Emitter by 2030 Indian Railways has decided to develop 100 percent electrified of the existing network of broad gauge in Chhattisgarh.
- 1,170 km Electrification of route has resulted in saving of foreign exchange by reducing line haul cost (about 2.5 times less), increasing heavy haulage capacity, increasing sectional capacity, reducing operation and maintenance cost of electric locos, energy efficiency and reducing dependence on imported crude oil and becoming an environment friendly mode of transport.
- Apart from this, in line with the policy of 100 percent electrified network of Railways now a new broad-gauge network will be sanctioned along with electrification.
- It is known that the area of Chhattisgarh state comes under the jurisdiction of Southeast Central and East Coast Railway. Bilaspur, Raipur, Durg and Korba are some of the major railway stations in Chhattisgarh.
- Bilaspur is the largest railway station in Chhattisgarh and is situated on the Mumbai-Howrah main line. It is an important junction and connects major cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
- The state of Chhattisgarh carries the highest freight traffic in the country and the Railways receives the highest revenue from here. Rail network plays an important role in the transportation of minerals, agricultural products and other goods from Chhattisgarh to other parts of the country.
- Some of the prestigious trains of Chhattisgarh state are: Durg-Jagdalpur Express, Chhattisgarh Express, Samta Express, Kalinga Utkal Express. These trains provide convenient connectivity to different parts of the state and other major cities of India.
Why in News?
On 19 March 2023, Gopal Bisht, a physical instructor at Government Inter College Bairagana, Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, said that Paramjit Singh Bisht has qualified for the Paris Olympics 2024 by securing the ninth position in the Asian Race Walk Championship held in Japan.
- It is worth mentioning that Paramjeet Singh Bisht has qualified for Paris Olympics 2024 by securing 9th position with 1 hour 20 minutes and 6 seconds in the Asian Walk Race Championship held in Japan.
- Earlier, Mansi Negi, an athlete from Chamoli district of Uttarakhand covered 20 km in 1 hour 41 minutes in the 82nd All India Inter University Athletics Championship held in Tamil Nadu won a gold medal in the walk race.
- It is known that Paramjeet Singh Bisht a resident of Khalla village of Mandal valley of Chamoli district of the state is an alumnus of Government Inter College Bairagana. At present, Paramjeet is serving in the Indian Army (Navy) from the sports quota.
- Physical Trainer Gopal Bisht said that after Manish Rawat, Paramjeet is the second player from the district who has qualified for the Olympics.
- It is known that Manish had participated in the 2016 Olympics held in Rio.
Switch to Hindi