44,000 Primary Schools of the State have Been Given the Status of Accomplished Schools
- 20 Mar 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on 19 March 2023, to improve the level of basic education in Uttar Pradesh, the state government has given a new target to the Basic Education Department, under which 44,000 primary schools in the state will have to attain the status of accomplished schools by the end of this year.
- It is well known that instructions were provided to accomplish this in the past review conducted by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- It is noteworthy that the Nipun Bharat Mission aims to ensure that every child in the country compulsorily acquires foundational literacy and numeracy by the end of grade 3 by 2026-27.
- The Mission, which has been launched under the aegis of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Samagra Shiksha, will focus on providing access and retention of children in the foundational years of schooling.
- According to the instructions given to the Basic Education Department, each ARP (Academic Resource Person) will have to make 10 schools proficient by December. In this way, the target is to make more than 44 thousand schools proficient by the end of this year itself.
- Similarly, it will be mandatory for teachers to make their schools efficient by July 2023. Through this, there is a target to make more than 41 thousand schools proficient.
- Apart from this, instructions have been given to make at least one block proficient in each district of the state. In this way, a target has been fixed to make 75 blocks efficient by December 2023.
- Along with the instructions, the toolkit has also been fixed. Under this, the lesson plan mentioned in the directory will have to be implemented in 100 percent of the classes. 100% school-based assessment will have to be completed through a master table.
- Apart from this, spot assessment will be done by mentors, while spot assessment will be ensured by DIET students.