Switch To Hindi
Paramjeet Singh Qualifies for Olympics 2024 in Race Walking Championships
- 20 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 19 March 2023, Gopal Bisht, a physical instructor at Government Inter College Bairagana, Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, said that Paramjit Singh Bisht has qualified for the Paris Olympics 2024 by securing the ninth position in the Asian Race Walk Championship held in Japan.
- It is worth mentioning that Paramjeet Singh Bisht has qualified for Paris Olympics 2024 by securing 9th position with 1 hour 20 minutes and 6 seconds in the Asian Walk Race Championship held in Japan.
- Earlier, Mansi Negi, an athlete from Chamoli district of Uttarakhand covered 20 km in 1 hour 41 minutes in the 82nd All India Inter University Athletics Championship held in Tamil Nadu won a gold medal in the walk race.
- It is known that Paramjeet Singh Bisht a resident of Khalla village of Mandal valley of Chamoli district of the state is an alumnus of Government Inter College Bairagana. At present, Paramjeet is serving in the Indian Army (Navy) from the sports quota.
- Physical Trainer Gopal Bisht said that after Manish Rawat, Paramjeet is the second player from the district who has qualified for the Olympics.
- It is known that Manish had participated in the 2016 Olympics held in Rio.