Switch To Hindi
Announcement to Develop Manjhingarh as Biodiversity Park
- 20 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 18 March 2023, Bhupesh Baghel, the Chief Minister of the state, while participating virtually in the program organised on the occasion of Bhakta Mata Karma Jayanti and Mukhye Mantri Kanya Vivah in village Banskot of Keshkal assembly of Kondagaon district, declared Manjhingarh tourist destination as Biodiversity Park to be developed on the lines of Jungle Safari.
- In the programme, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel mentioned establishment of District Cooperative Central Bank Branch in Banskot, upgradation of Sub Health Center Gamhri as Primary Health Center, opening of Swami Atmanand Excellent English Medium School in Banskot and also announced the construction of indoor stadium for encouragement of the sportspersons of the district.
- It is known that 8 km upstream from Gram Panchayat Khallari in Baderajpur block of Keshkal in Kondagaon district, Manjhingarh (among the mountains) is situated 5000 feet above sea level. Kanker, Sarona and Dudhwa Dams can also be seen from here.
- Manjhingarh is a cave between the rocks where there are thousands of years old rock paintings. Manjhingarh is believed to be the site of primitive man and a very interesting legend is told by the local elders of being ruled by the 'Uika' people, a strange dwarf race like aliens.
- Manjhingarh is attracting people as a popular Ecotourism destination of Kondagaon district.The dense forests, wildlife, medicinal plants, prehistoric paintings, beautiful valleys and geographical structures here provide a special experience to the tourists.
- Mata Garhmawali resides in Manjhingarh. A large number of people also reach this place on the day of Bhangaram Jatra of Keshkal in the month of Bhado. The Jatra, which protects the village and the villagers from natural calamities and cherishes the wishes of happiness, peace and prosperity has a very special significance for the local people.