Why in News
- On January 13, 2022, Bihar Governor Fagu Chauhan approved the Bihar Municipality (Amendment) Ordinance, 2022. By notifying the ordinance, a new system of election of Mayor-Deputy Mayor or President-Vice President has been implemented in the municipal bodies.
- The Bihar government has amended the municipal ordinance and made a provision that the head and deputy head of government of each city of Bihar shall be elected by the vote of the voters residing within the limits of the municipal body there.
- This system has been implemented for the election of Mayor-Deputy Mayor of all 19 Municipal Corporations of Bihar and President-Vice President of 89 Councils and 155 Nagar Panchayats.
- With the issuance of the Gazette Notification of the Bihar Municipal (Amendment) Ordinance, 2022, the old system of election of Mayor-Deputy Mayor or President-Vice President in municipal bodies has ended.
- It is noteworthy that till now the Mayor-Deputy Mayor was elected from amongst the ward councilors in the municipal bodies. There was a system to remove them by the majority of the ward councilors, but now in the event of death, resignation or dismissal of the person sitting on these posts, only the elected person from among the public will take these posts for the remaining period.
- Ward councilors will not be able to remove them from office on the basis of majority by bringing a no-confidence motion against the Mayor-Deputy Mayor or the President-Vice President.
- The state government will introduce the Bihar Municipal (Amendment) Ordinance, 2022 as the Bihar Municipal (Amendment) Bill, which will be called the Bihar Municipal (Amendment) Act, 2022 after it is passed, in the next session of the assembly.
- Amendments have been made in Section 23 and Section 25 of the Bihar Municipal Act, 2007 to conduct the selection of the President and Vice-Chairman of Municipal Bodies in the manner of direct election of the public. In both the sections, the mayor-deputy mayor or president-vice president has been informed by the designation of chief councilor and deputy chief councilor.
- Through three subsections of Section 23, arrangements have been given for the general election of the Chief Councilor and the Deputy Chief Councilor and the election in alternative circumstances. Similarly, through amendment in three subsections of section 25, the arrangement for dismissal or resignation from both the posts has been given.
- It is to be known that elections to all 263 municipal bodies in Bihar are proposed between April and June.
- Directly elected public representatives of urban bodies will ensure their accountability to the public and will accelerate the ambitious plans and projects being run for the development of cities.
Why in News
- On January 13, 2022, the Commissioner of Transport and Road Safety Department of Rajasthan, Mahendra Soni, released kites with the message 'Angdan-Mahadan'.
- Giving the message of organ donation awareness, these kites have been prepared by Mohan Foundation, Jaipur Citizen Forum. These kites will make people aware along with climbing in the sky on the festival of Makar Sankranti.
- Mahendra Soni said that 'heart sign' and 'organ donor' are marked on the license of those who consent to organ donation through a driving license. This simplifies the process of organ donation after death with the consent of the relatives.
- Make your life precious by giving consent to donate organs through a driving license as well as through other means.
- On this occasion Bhavna Jagwani, Convener of Mohan Foundation, Jaipur Citizen Forum said that many lives can be saved by donating one person's organ. Every person should fulfill human responsibility by joining the campaign of organ donation awareness.
- It is noteworthy that under the initiative of the Transport and Road Safety Department to give consent for organ donation through driving license, from September 1, 2020 to January 12, 2022, more than 2.25 lakh permanent licensees have given consent for organ donation.
Why in News
- On January 13, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan participated in the review meeting taken by Prime Minister Narendra Modi through video conference regarding the transition of the new variant of Corona to Omicron and its management.
- In the first meeting of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's discussion with the states, the Union Health Secretary informed that Madhya Pradesh is in a good position in the work of vaccination for adolescents starting from January 3.
- In Madhya Pradesh, 72.2 percent of the eligible adolescents have been vaccinated in the vaccination work of adolescents aged 15 to 18 years. Precaution dose has been applied to more than 1 lakh 80 thousand people. About 30 percent of the eligible population has been vaccinated in this category.
- It is worth mentioning that 11 special vaccination campaigns have been conducted in Madhya Pradesh for vaccination work using the model of public participation with everyone's cooperation. So far, 96 percent first dose and 92 percent second dose eligible people have been vaccinated in the state, which is higher than the national average.
- Similarly, Madhya Pradesh is the leading state in India with the highest number of vaccines in the age group of 15-18 years and in immunization of pregnant mothers.
- Similarly, Madhya Pradesh's work is also good in the expenditure of central funds. Arrangements for common beds, oxygen beds, HDU and ICU beds, oxygen plants, medicines have been ensured in hospitals, especially for the prevention of Covid in the state.
- 437 crore 17 lakh was released by the Government of India as central share. Of these, the state share of Rs 291 crore 44 lakh was released by the Madhya Pradesh government. Including the share of the Center and the State, the State has spent Rs 398 crore 33 lakh against the total available amount of Rs 728 crore 61 lakh. Madhya Pradesh is included in the first five states in expenditure progress at the national level.
- It is noteworthy that this year Prime Minister Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission has been started on the initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In this, 50 bedded critical blocks are being built in district integrated public health labs, district hospitals and medical colleges. For the year 2021-22, the Government of India has approved Rs 126 crore 25 lakh in this item.
- In the presentation of the Union Health Ministry, it was told that 92 percent people in the country have got the first dose done. Similarly, about 70 percent of the eligible citizens have got the second dose done. 3 crore adolescents in the age group of 15 to 18 years have been vaccinated in the country. A total of 1 billion 54 crore 61 lakh vaccine doses have been administered.
Why in News
- Recently, Haryana's Golfer Diksha Dagar and Judoka Yash Ghanghas have been included in the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) in the Core and Development Group respectively by the Union Sports Ministry.
- Diksha Dagar, a 21-year-old left-handed player, hails from Jhajjar, Haryana. Dagar is a silver medalist at the 2017 Summer Deflympics and finished 50th at the Olympic Games last year.
- The Union Sports Ministry primarily supports outstanding athletes under the Annual Calendar of Training and Competition (ACTC) of each National Sports Federation.
- TOPS provides support to athletes in areas that are not covered by the ACTC and meets the unforeseen needs of athletes as they prepare to excel at the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- The Mission Olympic Cell (MOC) of the Sports Ministry has approved financial assistance to wrestlers – Bajrang Punia and Sunil Kumar for overseas performance training.
Why in News
- On January 12, 2022, the Chhattisgarh State Child Welfare Council announced the State Bravery Award. This year this award will be given to Shaurya Pratap Chandrakar of Dhamtari district and Aman Jyoti Jahire of Korba.
- This decision has been taken by the jury committee headed by Women and Child Development Minister Anila Bhediya.
- The award will be presented by His Excellency Governor Anusuiya Uikey at the main function of Republic Day on 26 January in the capital Raipur.
- These children will be given a cash prize of Rs 15,000 each, a citation and a silver medal in the award.
- It is worth mentioning that Shaurya Pratap Chandrakar saved the people working in the field from electric current on June 13, 2021, while Aman Jyoti Zahir saved the life of his friend Ashish by jumping into the strong current of water in August, 2021.
Why in News
- Recently, Aaradhya Jain, a class nine student of the famous Doon School in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, has been selected in the five-member Indian team for the 35th International Physics Tournament (IYPT 2022). He will take part in the international competition to be held in Timisoara, Romania.
- It is worth noting that this competition is famous by the name of Physics World Cup. It is a scientific competition between teams of school students.
- Five students representing Team India have been selected in the India Youth Physics Tournament (INYPT) after three tough rounds.
- Giving information, Anand Kumar, teacher of Doon School, said that a project is available in it. A problem is given, which has to be solved. The subject is not made public. Aaradhya, a student of Doon School, worked hard for this. Reaching the final round, got selected for the international competition.
- Team members research published scientific research from around the world and re-discover the results obtained as a team.
- The Team India INYPT selection consists of four elimination rounds, where the judges are asked to evenly solve problems based on cryptic physics with complete solutions, which determine the skill level of the participants. Relentless efforts, limited information available online, testing your skills every year, reaching the final round and getting selected among the last five students are the qualifications of this competition.
- These five selected students compete internationally against participants from thirty countries.
- It is noteworthy that the Romania International Competition is to be held in mid-July. Students will go to Romania to showcase their skills if the COVID pandemic does not stop, otherwise the competition will be online.
- Aaradhya had secured 8th position last year. By joining Team India, he was left with very few marks.
Switch to Hindi