Diksha Dagar, Yash Ghanghas Included in Target Olympic Podium Scheme
- 14 Jan 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Recently, Haryana's Golfer Diksha Dagar and Judoka Yash Ghanghas have been included in the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) in the Core and Development Group respectively by the Union Sports Ministry.
- Diksha Dagar, a 21-year-old left-handed player, hails from Jhajjar, Haryana. Dagar is a silver medalist at the 2017 Summer Deflympics and finished 50th at the Olympic Games last year.
- The Union Sports Ministry primarily supports outstanding athletes under the Annual Calendar of Training and Competition (ACTC) of each National Sports Federation.
- TOPS provides support to athletes in areas that are not covered by the ACTC and meets the unforeseen needs of athletes as they prepare to excel at the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- The Mission Olympic Cell (MOC) of the Sports Ministry has approved financial assistance to wrestlers – Bajrang Punia and Sunil Kumar for overseas performance training.