Doon School Students Will Represent the Country in the Adorable 'Physics World Cup'
- 14 Jan 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News
- Recently, Aaradhya Jain, a class nine student of the famous Doon School in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, has been selected in the five-member Indian team for the 35th International Physics Tournament (IYPT 2022). He will take part in the international competition to be held in Timisoara, Romania.
- It is worth noting that this competition is famous by the name of Physics World Cup. It is a scientific competition between teams of school students.
- Five students representing Team India have been selected in the India Youth Physics Tournament (INYPT) after three tough rounds.
- Giving information, Anand Kumar, teacher of Doon School, said that a project is available in it. A problem is given, which has to be solved. The subject is not made public. Aaradhya, a student of Doon School, worked hard for this. Reaching the final round, got selected for the international competition.
- Team members research published scientific research from around the world and re-discover the results obtained as a team.
- The Team India INYPT selection consists of four elimination rounds, where the judges are asked to evenly solve problems based on cryptic physics with complete solutions, which determine the skill level of the participants. Relentless efforts, limited information available online, testing your skills every year, reaching the final round and getting selected among the last five students are the qualifications of this competition.
- These five selected students compete internationally against participants from thirty countries.
- It is noteworthy that the Romania International Competition is to be held in mid-July. Students will go to Romania to showcase their skills if the COVID pandemic does not stop, otherwise the competition will be online.
- Aaradhya had secured 8th position last year. By joining Team India, he was left with very few marks.