Why in News
- On January 13, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan participated in the review meeting taken by Prime Minister Narendra Modi through video conference regarding the transition of the new variant of Corona to Omicron and its management.
- In the first meeting of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's discussion with the states, the Union Health Secretary informed that Madhya Pradesh is in a good position in the work of vaccination for adolescents starting from January 3.
- In Madhya Pradesh, 72.2 percent of the eligible adolescents have been vaccinated in the vaccination work of adolescents aged 15 to 18 years. Precaution dose has been applied to more than 1 lakh 80 thousand people. About 30 percent of the eligible population has been vaccinated in this category.
- It is worth mentioning that 11 special vaccination campaigns have been conducted in Madhya Pradesh for vaccination work using the model of public participation with everyone's cooperation. So far, 96 percent first dose and 92 percent second dose eligible people have been vaccinated in the state, which is higher than the national average.
- Similarly, Madhya Pradesh is the leading state in India with the highest number of vaccines in the age group of 15-18 years and in immunization of pregnant mothers.
- Similarly, Madhya Pradesh's work is also good in the expenditure of central funds. Arrangements for common beds, oxygen beds, HDU and ICU beds, oxygen plants, medicines have been ensured in hospitals, especially for the prevention of Covid in the state.
- 437 crore 17 lakh was released by the Government of India as central share. Of these, the state share of Rs 291 crore 44 lakh was released by the Madhya Pradesh government. Including the share of the Center and the State, the State has spent Rs 398 crore 33 lakh against the total available amount of Rs 728 crore 61 lakh. Madhya Pradesh is included in the first five states in expenditure progress at the national level.
- It is noteworthy that this year Prime Minister Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission has been started on the initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In this, 50 bedded critical blocks are being built in district integrated public health labs, district hospitals and medical colleges. For the year 2021-22, the Government of India has approved Rs 126 crore 25 lakh in this item.
- In the presentation of the Union Health Ministry, it was told that 92 percent people in the country have got the first dose done. Similarly, about 70 percent of the eligible citizens have got the second dose done. 3 crore adolescents in the age group of 15 to 18 years have been vaccinated in the country. A total of 1 billion 54 crore 61 lakh vaccine doses have been administered.
Switch to Hindi