Why in news?
- On October 9, 2022, State’s Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Horticulture and Agriculture Exports, Dinesh Pratap Singh said to develop one horticulture model village in each development block with the aim of taking horticulture development programmes to all gram panchayats of the state while directing the officers during the departmental review meeting through video conferencing at Udyan Bhawan, Lucknow.
- The Minister of State for Horticulture and Agriculture Exports informed that each model village will be inspected by deputy director and DHO level officers. Also, flex boards will be installed outside the model village for information. This board will show that the concerned village has been marked as model village.
- He directed that in order to increase the potato, seed, production program on the vacant fertile land of the department, a register should be maintained for the assets with full details of the departmental farms and production units. He said that such land and buildings of the Horticulture Department, which are not mentioned in the records of revenue, should be made to be marked.
- He directed that under the innovative programs, emphasis should be laid on increasing qualitative production by expanding the area of crops like dragon fruit, strawberry etc. Farmers should be encouraged to set up cold rooms near the mandi.
- He directed that under 'Per Drop-More-Crop', districts with low progress should be reviewed by giving them week-wise targets. Rabi crop seeds should be distributed by October 20.
- Agriculture Production Commissioner Manoj Kumar Singh directed the officers to integrate and develop all dimensions of horticulture development as clusters by implementing departmental schemes more effectively. All deputy directors and horticulture officers should provide a report of the quantity of industrial crops being grown in their district.
- In the review meeting, it was decided to establish a special center of excellence in Lucknow, Barabanki, Kanpur, Hapur and Pali House for the development of beekeeping.
Why in news?
- According to the Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) report released on October 9, 2022, the amount of uranium in groundwater has been detected to be more than the prescribed limit in nine districts of Bihar.
- The Central Ground Water Board had collected 634 groundwater samples from various districts to measure the quality of water in the state, out of which uranium was found to be more than 30 ppb in 11 samples.
- The districts where uranium was found to be more than 30 ppb are Saran, Bhabua, Khagaria, Madhepura, Nawada, Sheikhpura, Purnia, Kishanganj and Begusarai.
- Sources in the Central Ground Water Board said samples containing more than 30 ppb of uranium have been sent to Lucknow for testing. At the same time, the board has also sought help from the Geological Survey of India for this. The two institutes will find out about uranium together.
- It is known that a survey has been done earlier about uranium in the state. A study conducted by the University of Manchester and Mahavir Cancer Research Institute had found uranium in samples taken from Supaul, Gopalganj, Siwan, Saran, Patna, Nalanda, Aurangabad, Gaya and Jehanabad.
- More than the prescribed amount of uranium going into the body can cause kidney disease. At the same time, consumption of uranium water can cause thyroid cancer, blood cancer, bone marrow depression and other serious diseases. This also puts children at risk of getting cancer.
Why in news?
- On October 8, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot flagged off the Palace on Wheels royal train, which has been closed for 2 years, from Gandhinagar railway station in Jaipur.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said that the operation of palace on wheels royal train was closed since March 2020 due to Covid-19. The resumption of this train, which has been running for the last 40 years, after a gap of 2 years indicates that the tourism sector in the state will emerge stronger in the coming days.
- The Chief Minister said that this royal train has been restarted with the positive initiative of RTDC and Tourism Department. Under the joint aegis of Railways and RTDC, this train has been included in modern decoration and all tourist amenities.
- He said that in order to promote tourism, the state government has given the status of industry to tourism and many types of concessions are being given in this sector. From the point of view of tourism, the old havelis, forts and deserts of Rajasthan along with folk arts, handicrafts etc. have a special identity all over the world.
- He said that Rajasthan is the most prosperous state in the country in the field of tourism and after Delhi-Agra, foreign tourists prefer to come to Rajasthan. It has a rich tradition of indigenous tourism. A provision of Rs 1000 crore has also been made to promote tourism in the budget for the year 2022-23 .
- It is noteworthy that the first royal railway was started in the year 1982. As a result of gauge conversion of railways from time to time, meter gauge to broad gauge train was constructed in the year 1991 and third royal railway in 1995.
- Apart from Delhi and Agra, the royal train will cover the beautiful cities of Rajasthan - Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Jaisalmer and Bharatpur in seven days.
- The journey of this royal train, which gives a glimpse of the glorious history of Rajasthan, enjoys domestic and foreign tourists. Here the tourist finds himself in a majestic atmosphere. Tourists are thrilled to see the hospitality, delicious dishes and service spirit and hospitality of the officers and employees of the Tourism Corporation.
Why in news?
- On October 9, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Revenue and Transport Minister Govind Singh Rajput informed that after the success of the pilot project to create cyber tehsils from Sehore and Datia districts, the second phase of this innovation scheme is also being implemented in Indore, Harda, Dindori and Sagar.
- The Revenue and Transport Minister said that Madhya Pradesh is the only state in the country to implement cyber tehsil, which has achieved unexpected success in resolving pending revenue cases through this innovative experiment.
- Minister Govind Singh Rajput said that after the success of the second pilot project, it is being planned to be implemented in the entire state. He said that to assess the success of the second phase of the pilot project, its results will be studied for 6 months and then it will be implemented in the entire state.
- It is known that cyber tehsil was formed to easily settle the cases of undisputed mutation / division.
- The people of the district in which the cyber tehsil will work will not have to go to the tehsil office for undisputed mutation/ division cases. By applying online, such undisputed mutation division cases will be resolved.
Why in news?
- Haryana has won the first gold medal in yogasana at the ongoing 36th National Games in Gujarat on October 9, 2022.
- Rahul and Rishabh of Gurugram have won this gold medal by displaying their talent in yogasana.
- Apart from this, Praveen Pathak of the state won the bronze medal in the artistic singles event in Yogasana.
- The players of the state continue to win medals in the National Games. It is to be noted that till 6 pm on October 9, Haryana had won 31 gold medals, 29 silver and 34 bronze medals.
- So far, players from Haryana have won 1 silver and 1 bronze in aquatics, 5 gold in archery, 3 gold, 3 silver and 5 bronze in athletics, 2 gold and 3 silver in cycling, 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze in fencing, 2 silver and 3 bronze in golf, 1 gold, 3 silver and 9 bronze in judo, 2 bronze in Kabaddi, 2 gold in net ball, 3 silver and 1 bronze in rowing, 1 gold in rugby, 2 gold in shooting, 3 silver and 2 bronze, 1 bronze in soft tennis, 1 silver in table tennis, 1 bronze in tennis, 1 gold in weightlifting, 2 silver and 2 bronze, He has won 12 gold, 7 silver and 4 bronze medals in wrestling and 1 gold and 1 bronze medal in Yogasana.
Why in news?
- On October 9, 2022, the state's first grand convention center has been completed for programs like cultural programs, big seminars, workshops, training and discussions in Dumka, the sub-capital of Jharkhand. It will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Hemant Soren.
- Built in two sections, a part of the convention centre has an auditorium with a seating capacity of 500 people. It has very comfortable sofa chairs in the next three rows, while comfortable chairs have been installed in about ten rows behind it.
- The auditorium has a great quality audio-visual system so that the cultural programmes can be enjoyed by the entire audience and there is no disruption in the program. To make the stage beautiful, a large-sized screen has also been installed on it.
- The second part has been given the form of a multipurpose hall, in which two badminton courts have also been built. This badminton court has a blue color synthetic flooring seat, in which competitions of national and international standards of badminton competition can be held. At the same time, this multipurpose hall can be used in any other kind of event, in which the presence of one thousand people can be ensured.
- For convenience, roof top solar system of 50 KVA has been installed so that dependence on electricity is minimized. A high capacity DG has also been installed here. Both the convention centre and the multipurpose hall are centralised air-conditioned. Equipped with such facilities, it is the first convention centre in Jharkhand.
- This convention center has been constructed in the Agro Park of the Horticulture Department. Horticulture work has also been done in the vacant part of the convention center, which has been completed in two acres of land of this agro park.
- It is known that this convention center has been constructed by BP Construction Ranchi in record time and architect company Moss and Void has prepared its design. As soon as it is inaugurated, Dumka residents will get an alternative to the indoor stadium.
Why in news?
- As per the decision taken at a meeting of the State Council of the Jharkhand unit of the Indian People's Theatre Association (IPTA) chaired by Shyamal Mallick on October 9, 2022, the 15th National Plenary Session of IPTA will be held at Medininagar (Daltonganj) town under Palamu district of the state.
- An eight-member ad-hoc committee has been formed to publicise the plenary. It was also decided that by December 2022, all the branches of the state should hold conferences and select the representatives of the National Plenary Session.
- It was said in the meeting that everyone's role is important for the successful organization of the National Plenary Session and all the branches should play an important role in the successful organization of the National Plenary Session by holding conferences in their respective areas.
Switch to Hindi