Why in news?
- On October 9, 2022, the state's first grand convention center has been completed for programs like cultural programs, big seminars, workshops, training and discussions in Dumka, the sub-capital of Jharkhand. It will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Hemant Soren.
- Built in two sections, a part of the convention centre has an auditorium with a seating capacity of 500 people. It has very comfortable sofa chairs in the next three rows, while comfortable chairs have been installed in about ten rows behind it.
- The auditorium has a great quality audio-visual system so that the cultural programmes can be enjoyed by the entire audience and there is no disruption in the program. To make the stage beautiful, a large-sized screen has also been installed on it.
- The second part has been given the form of a multipurpose hall, in which two badminton courts have also been built. This badminton court has a blue color synthetic flooring seat, in which competitions of national and international standards of badminton competition can be held. At the same time, this multipurpose hall can be used in any other kind of event, in which the presence of one thousand people can be ensured.
- For convenience, roof top solar system of 50 KVA has been installed so that dependence on electricity is minimized. A high capacity DG has also been installed here. Both the convention centre and the multipurpose hall are centralised air-conditioned. Equipped with such facilities, it is the first convention centre in Jharkhand.
- This convention center has been constructed in the Agro Park of the Horticulture Department. Horticulture work has also been done in the vacant part of the convention center, which has been completed in two acres of land of this agro park.
- It is known that this convention center has been constructed by BP Construction Ranchi in record time and architect company Moss and Void has prepared its design. As soon as it is inaugurated, Dumka residents will get an alternative to the indoor stadium.
Why in news?
- As per the decision taken at a meeting of the State Council of the Jharkhand unit of the Indian People's Theatre Association (IPTA) chaired by Shyamal Mallick on October 9, 2022, the 15th National Plenary Session of IPTA will be held at Medininagar (Daltonganj) town under Palamu district of the state.
- An eight-member ad-hoc committee has been formed to publicise the plenary. It was also decided that by December 2022, all the branches of the state should hold conferences and select the representatives of the National Plenary Session.
- It was said in the meeting that everyone's role is important for the successful organization of the National Plenary Session and all the branches should play an important role in the successful organization of the National Plenary Session by holding conferences in their respective areas.
Switch to Hindi