Why In News?
On October 7, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the country's largest millet processing industry set up at Nathia Navagaon in Kanker district. This will benefit farmers cultivating Kodo-Kutki-Ragi as well as women self-help groups.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Mr. Baghel said that this unit established under millet mission is the highest capacity unit in India. The annual processing capacity of this unit is 10 to 12 thousand tonnes, which will require about 34 to 40 tonnes of Kodo-Kutki-Ragi per day.
- In this processing unit, Kodo-Kutki-Ragi will be processed by 7 types of machines and rice and their porridge, semolina, flour vermicelli, pasta, soup mix, biscuits, cookies, laddoos etc. will be made from Kodo-Kutki-Ragi. They will also be packaged. These products will be marketed at national and international level.
- He said that cashew processing unit has been set up by Chhattisgarh government at Bakawand in Bastar, which is benefiting the farmers there. Tamarind processing unit has been set up in village Dhuragaon of Lohandiguda development block, which will benefit tamarind collectors.
- Subsidy will also be provided by CSIDC for the promotion of this unit set up under the Millet Mission of the Government of Chhattisgarh. Came to set up this unit. I. M. R. An MoU has been signed with Hyderabad between Avani Ayurveda Private Limited and district administration North Bastar Kanker for technical know-how, high quality seeds, setting up of seed bank and training.
- The processing unit of Avani Ayurveda Private Limited will provide direct and indirect employment to more than 100 people and will also benefit about 4 thousand farmers of the district and about 25 thousand farmers of the state, who cultivate Kodo-Kutki-Ragi crop. At the same time, women's groups who buy them will also benefit. With the establishment of this unit, the farmers of the district will be encouraged to cultivate Kodo-Kutki-Ragi.
- It is worth mentioning that 'Millet Mission' has been started from the year 2021 with the aim of promoting the product, processing and use of millet in the state of Chhattisgarh. More than 20 districts of Chhattisgarh produce millets.
- From the year 2020-21, for the first time, arrangements were made for purchase of Kodo, Kutki and Ragi through primary minor forest produce cooperative societies while fixing the support price. The support price has been fixed at Rs 30 per kg for Kodo and Kutki and Rs 33.77 per kg for Ragi. Apart from this, input subsidy is also being given by the state government under 'Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana' for the cultivation of other profitable crops instead of paddy.
- Millets such as Kodo-Kutki-Ragi are highly nutritious cereals. Millets are gluten free and are rich in protein, dietary Fiber, vitamins and minerals. Millets are beneficial for obesity, diabetes, heart disease and many other diseases and they also increase immunity.
Why In News?
On October 7, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the tamarind processing plant at Dhuragaon in Lohandiguda development block during his one-day visit to Bastar.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that this will increase the possibility of industrial investment in the region. He said that processing of local forest produce and agricultural produce is necessary for employment generation here and this plant is a big achievement in this direction.
- Plant operator Karthik Kapoor said that this plant has the capacity to make 10 metric tonnes of tamarind pulp, 5 metric tonnes of tamarind chapati and 3 metric tonnes of tamarind seed powder per day.
- The plant is spread over 2 acres with 35000 sq ft of total construction in PEB and puff panel with all modern facilities. A food laboratory has been built here. Along with this, premium quality steel has been used as equipment.
- Here all the norms of FSSAI will be strictly followed. This plant is fully automatic, there is a provision to work in manual mode for power backup, uninterrupted manufacturing.
Why In News?
On October 7, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated 10 new enclosures to give people a chance to know wild animals closely and make them aware in a program organized by the Forest Department at his residence office in the capital on the occasion of Wildlife Conservation Week. With these, the jungle safari now has a total of 28 enclosures.
- In the program, the Chief Minister named three cubs born in the month of May 2021 by 'Kriti', lioness of Nandanvan Jungle Safari, as Arpa, Parry and Shabri.
- The Chief Minister also released a book on information on colourful butterflies found in Baranwapara Sanctuary on the occasion.
- Chief Minister Mr. Baghel said in the program that Wildlife Week is being celebrated in the state right now. Wildlife Week is organized every year from October 2 to October 8 with a resolve to protect wild animals and increase their companionship with them.
- Chhattisgarh is a state rich in forests and wildlife. More than 44 percent of the area in the state is covered with forests, where different types of wildlife roam. Keeping in view its importance, the state government has given priority to the protection of both forest and wildlife in Chhattisgarh.
- Chief Minister Mr. Baghel said that the national parks and sanctuaries located here are also rich in terms of biodiversity. As a result of the work being done under wildlife conservation in the state, the availability of food and habitat facilities of wild animals has increased. Under this, the Narva Development Program has also become an effective medium in preventing elephant-human conflict.
- The Chief Minister said that every possible initiative is being taken by the government to protect forest and wild animals in the state. Under this, various works of protection and promotion of wild animals are being done through 3 national parks, 11 sanctuaries, 3 tiger reserves, one elephant reserve and one biosphere reserve under the protected forest area in the state.
- Speaking at the event, Forest and Climate Change Minister Mohammad Akbar said that Nandanvan Jungle Safari Nava Raipur is asia's largest man-made jungle safari. There are many types of wild animals here.
- Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Wildlife) P.V. Narsing Rao informed that continuous work is being done by the department for the protection of forests and wild animals in the state. 10 new enclosures have been inaugurated in Jungle Safari. These include wild dogs, wolves, bison, chital, sambar, chinkara, porcupine, mongoose, moss, and snake dens.
Switch to Hindi