CM Re-operates Palace on Wheels
- 10 Oct 2022
- 3 min read
Why in news?
- On October 8, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot flagged off the Palace on Wheels royal train, which has been closed for 2 years, from Gandhinagar railway station in Jaipur.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said that the operation of palace on wheels royal train was closed since March 2020 due to Covid-19. The resumption of this train, which has been running for the last 40 years, after a gap of 2 years indicates that the tourism sector in the state will emerge stronger in the coming days.
- The Chief Minister said that this royal train has been restarted with the positive initiative of RTDC and Tourism Department. Under the joint aegis of Railways and RTDC, this train has been included in modern decoration and all tourist amenities.
- He said that in order to promote tourism, the state government has given the status of industry to tourism and many types of concessions are being given in this sector. From the point of view of tourism, the old havelis, forts and deserts of Rajasthan along with folk arts, handicrafts etc. have a special identity all over the world.
- He said that Rajasthan is the most prosperous state in the country in the field of tourism and after Delhi-Agra, foreign tourists prefer to come to Rajasthan. It has a rich tradition of indigenous tourism. A provision of Rs 1000 crore has also been made to promote tourism in the budget for the year 2022-23 .
- It is noteworthy that the first royal railway was started in the year 1982. As a result of gauge conversion of railways from time to time, meter gauge to broad gauge train was constructed in the year 1991 and third royal railway in 1995.
- Apart from Delhi and Agra, the royal train will cover the beautiful cities of Rajasthan - Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Jaisalmer and Bharatpur in seven days.
- The journey of this royal train, which gives a glimpse of the glorious history of Rajasthan, enjoys domestic and foreign tourists. Here the tourist finds himself in a majestic atmosphere. Tourists are thrilled to see the hospitality, delicious dishes and service spirit and hospitality of the officers and employees of the Tourism Corporation.