Why In News?
- On August 8, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Vocational Education and Skill Development Kapil Dev Agarwal informed that the state government has announced its decision to upgrade Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) with an aim to improve vocational training, for which an amount of Rs 4,000 crore has been allocated.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Vocational Education and Skill Development Kapil Dev Agarwal said the government will tie up with a private organisation for technical upgradation of ITIs.
- In the first phase, the state government has selected 50 ITIs for upgradation, for which Rs 4,000 crore has been allocated. Also, centers will be started to improve the employment skills of students in secondary education schools. For this, two colleges in each district and 150 colleges across the state have been selected.
- It is noteworthy that the Uttar Pradesh government has set up 10 new ITIs in the private sector, where the work of imparting training will start soon. Besides, construction of 15 new government ITIs has been completed and will be inaugurated soon.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) Kapil Dev Agarwal said that in the financial year 2022-23, the government had identified 29 sectors in which more than two lakh youth will be trained, under which about 10,000 youth will be trained in aviation and 33,021 for healthcare.
Why In News?
- According to the recently released jal shakti ministry report, Uttar Pradesh has reached the first place in the country in the testing of water samples. Uttar Pradesh has left behind states like Chhattisgarh, Kerala, Jharkhand, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh in testing water samples.
- Uttar Pradesh Jal Shakti Minister Swatantra Dev Singh informed that the women of the state have completed the testing of 11,97,890 water samples in 20,756 villages. 69,279 water samples have been found contaminated in the test done with FTK kit. Necessary action has been taken at 12,919 places.
- According to the report of the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India, women have tested 11,60,940 water samples in 17,823 villages in Chhattisgarh and they are second. In terms of water testing with FTK kits, Kerala is at number three, Odisha at number four and Madhya Pradesh at number five.
- The continuous monitoring of the state government and the action plan of Namami Gange and Rural Water Supply Department have given a new impetus to this campaign of Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh, which was outside the top 10 till a few days ago, has made its presence felt at the number one position in the country, moving fast.
- In order to provide pure water from taps to the people, the state government has also started a campaign to train five women for water testing in every village across the state.
- The aim of the state government is to provide pure water to the people along with providing tap water to every household in the state.
Why In News?
- On August 8, 2022, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the 'Sampoorna Kayakalp Abhiyan' of the Health Department at Kushabhau Thakre Sabhagruha and transferred an amount of Rs 66 crore to the accounts of in-charges of health institutions of the state in the campaign.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also honoured district hospitals and other health institutions with Kayakalp Awards and gave away awards in different categories.
- The Chief Minister gave kayakalp awards to the district hospitals for the best operation of health services. Vidisha District Hospital was given the first prize of Rs 50 lakh, District Hospital Dewas got the second prize of Rs 20 lakh and District Hospital Satna got the third prize of Rs 10 lakh.
- Minister of Public Health and Family Welfare Dr. Prabhuram Chaudhary said that the rejuvenation campaign was started in the year 2015. Earlier, 65 health institutions were awarded. In the year 2021-22, kayakalp award is being given to 395 health institutions of the state.
- He said that a complete rejuvenation campaign is being launched to make government hospitals more convenient.
- On this occasion, Additional Chief Secretary (Health) Mohammad Suleman said that under the Sampoorna Kayakalp Abhiyan, development of infrastructure and maintenance of buildings, availability of medical equipment and furniture, testing in institutions, adequate availability of services and medicines, development of new treatment services for dialysis and cancer, strengthening of blood bank and blood storage These include expansion of telemedicine services to address the shortage of specialists, development of beneficiary-oriented services for patients and promotion of public participation in health services.
Why In News?
- On August 8, 2022, Vinod Agarwal, MD of Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles Limited, met Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan at Kushabhau Thakre Sabhagruha and informed him about the proposed investment of Rs 1,500 crore in the state.
- While handing over a copy of the proposed project to Chief Minister Chouhan, Vinod Agarwal apprised him of the project proposal prepared for capacity expansion of the existing units of the company.
- Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicle Limited had set up the first unit in the state in the year 1986. At present, 8 units are operational in Pithampur and Bagroda, in which more than 32,000 people are getting direct and indirect employment.
- The material is supplied to all the units of the company by 110 auto component units of Madhya Pradesh. New product manufacturing is proposed to expand the existing capacity of the units.
- Chief Minister Chouhan assured the MD of the company that full cooperation will be provided to the company by the state government. All necessary facilities will be provided as per the prescribed policy. He said that such industries are the need of the hour and will also provide employment to a large number of youth.
Why In News?
- On August 8, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated the first session of the Digital Haryana Legislative Assembly and the national e-Vidhan Application on Tablet (NEVA) for the first time.
- The Haryana Assembly is the third assembly in the country to go digital. Now all its work will be done through e-assembly.
- The Chief Minister said that in 2020, Haryana has received the President's Award in the digital sector, besides 100 out of 150 awards received from the Central Government have been received in the digital sector itself.
- Addressing the House during the inaugural session, the Chief Minister said that through this application, members of the Legislative Assembly can keep track of Q&A, Calling Attention Motion, Starred and Unstarred Questions, audio and video of the Vidhan Sabha. MLA can use this application not only on mobile but also on computer.
- The Chief Minister said that the NEVA application has been made only for MLAs. All MLAs are given the same password first, but later everyone will have to create their own secret password and use it carefully.
- He said that information about the development of the area along with the works of the Assembly will also be updated inside it. With this, the MLAs will be able to know how much development work has been done in their area, how much amount has been spent by the government in their area. This information will also be easily available to the general public through mlAs.
- Speaker Gianchand Gupta said that a new revolution has begun with the formation of Haryana e-Vidhan Sabha. This will have far-reaching consequences. Haryana has done the work of digitizing the Assembly on priority basis.
- He said that with the assembly going paperless, Rs 5.5 crore will be saved annually, which will also be beneficial for environmental protection.
Why In News?
- On August 8, 2022, the Governor of Uttarakhand, Lieutenant General Gurmeet Singh (SEN) honored 12 women and adolescent girls of the state with the Tilu Rauteli Award, along with the State Level Anganwadi Workers Award to 35 women.
- This award is given every year by the Government of Uttarakhand in the name of Veerbala Tilu Rauteli to women who have done remarkable work in various fields.
- It is worth mentioning that the state government had started tilu Rauteli award for women and adolescent girls who have done remarkable work in the field of women empowerment since 2006 on the birth anniversary of Uttarakhand's heroine Tilu Rauteli.
- Under this, the state government gives 31 thousand rupees and citation. Last year, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami had announced to increase the prize money from Rs 31,000 to Rs 51,000, but this time too the prize money has been given only 31 thousand.
- Recently, the maximum number of awards has been fixed by the Women Empowerment and Child Development Department by changing the order. A maximum of 13 women will now get tilu Rauteli award every year in the state. One woman from each district will be selected for this. At the same time, 35 anganwadi workers will also be honored.
Women and adolescent girls honoured with Tilu Rauteli Award in various fields
- Literary Field - Dr. Shashi Joshi (District- Almora),
- Sports - Deepa Arya (District- Bageshwar), Prema Nautiyal (District- Udham Singh Nagar), Priyanka Prajapati (District- Haridwar),
- Social Sector - Meena Tiwari (District- Chamoli), Lata Nautiyal (District- Uttarkashi)
- Girl Education and Social Work - Manju Bala (District-Champawat),
- Journalism - Nalini Gosai (District- Dehradun),
- Education and Sanitation - Vidya Martolia (District- Nainital),
- Untamed adventure - Savitri Devi (District- Pauri),
- Women Self Help - Durga Kharayat (District- Pithoragarh),
- Livelihood Enhancement - Geeta Rawat (District- Rudraprayag),
The women honored with Anganwadi Workers Award are Sunita Kohli, Kusum Bisht, Janki and Kamala Negi (District- Almora), Hema Sati (District- Bageshwar), Bhaga Devi, Shobha and Abhilasha Devi (District- Chamoli), Anita Rawat (District- Champawat), Archana Rana, Saroj Suyal and Kirtana Sharma (District- Dehradun), Seema Rani, Kamlesh Dhiman, Rachna and Umesh Kumari (District- Haridwar), Jyoti Rawat, Anju Sagar and Geeta Nayal (District- Nainital), Anita Devi, Asha Devi, Meena Devi, Hemlata Bisht and Ginni Dangwal, (District- Pauri), Deepa Pandey and Jyoti Tamta (District- Pithoragarh), Ranjana Awasthi (District- Rudraprayag), Mangala Thapliyal, Uma Bhatt and Savita Semwal, (District- Tehri) ), Snehlata Malik, Rachna Rani and Meera Devi (District- Udham Singh Nagar), Sumitra and Lakshmi Nautiyal (District- Uttarkashi).
Switch to Hindi