Why In News?
- On August 8, 2022, the Governor of Uttarakhand, Lieutenant General Gurmeet Singh (SEN) honored 12 women and adolescent girls of the state with the Tilu Rauteli Award, along with the State Level Anganwadi Workers Award to 35 women.
- This award is given every year by the Government of Uttarakhand in the name of Veerbala Tilu Rauteli to women who have done remarkable work in various fields.
- It is worth mentioning that the state government had started tilu Rauteli award for women and adolescent girls who have done remarkable work in the field of women empowerment since 2006 on the birth anniversary of Uttarakhand's heroine Tilu Rauteli.
- Under this, the state government gives 31 thousand rupees and citation. Last year, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami had announced to increase the prize money from Rs 31,000 to Rs 51,000, but this time too the prize money has been given only 31 thousand.
- Recently, the maximum number of awards has been fixed by the Women Empowerment and Child Development Department by changing the order. A maximum of 13 women will now get tilu Rauteli award every year in the state. One woman from each district will be selected for this. At the same time, 35 anganwadi workers will also be honored.
Women and adolescent girls honoured with Tilu Rauteli Award in various fields
- Literary Field - Dr. Shashi Joshi (District- Almora),
- Sports - Deepa Arya (District- Bageshwar), Prema Nautiyal (District- Udham Singh Nagar), Priyanka Prajapati (District- Haridwar),
- Social Sector - Meena Tiwari (District- Chamoli), Lata Nautiyal (District- Uttarkashi)
- Girl Education and Social Work - Manju Bala (District-Champawat),
- Journalism - Nalini Gosai (District- Dehradun),
- Education and Sanitation - Vidya Martolia (District- Nainital),
- Untamed adventure - Savitri Devi (District- Pauri),
- Women Self Help - Durga Kharayat (District- Pithoragarh),
- Livelihood Enhancement - Geeta Rawat (District- Rudraprayag),
The women honored with Anganwadi Workers Award are Sunita Kohli, Kusum Bisht, Janki and Kamala Negi (District- Almora), Hema Sati (District- Bageshwar), Bhaga Devi, Shobha and Abhilasha Devi (District- Chamoli), Anita Rawat (District- Champawat), Archana Rana, Saroj Suyal and Kirtana Sharma (District- Dehradun), Seema Rani, Kamlesh Dhiman, Rachna and Umesh Kumari (District- Haridwar), Jyoti Rawat, Anju Sagar and Geeta Nayal (District- Nainital), Anita Devi, Asha Devi, Meena Devi, Hemlata Bisht and Ginni Dangwal, (District- Pauri), Deepa Pandey and Jyoti Tamta (District- Pithoragarh), Ranjana Awasthi (District- Rudraprayag), Mangala Thapliyal, Uma Bhatt and Savita Semwal, (District- Tehri) ), Snehlata Malik, Rachna Rani and Meera Devi (District- Udham Singh Nagar), Sumitra and Lakshmi Nautiyal (District- Uttarkashi).
Switch to Hindi