Why In News?
Recently, the Union Ministry of Communications has approved 1202 BSNL mobile towers to expand mobile connectivity in Uttarakhand. The central government will spend Rs. 1 crore on a mobile tower.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami, who visited New Delhi on August 6, had put forward the proposal to Union Communications Minister Ashwani Vaishnaw at a courtesy call, which was approved by the Union minister.
- The Chief Minister has submitted to the Union Minister a list of all the places where mobile towers need to be installed. The Chief Minister said that due to lack of mobile connectivity, the people of these areas are facing many problems.
- The border districts of Pithoragarh, Chamoli and Uttarkashi will benefit the most from the installation of mobile towers. Apart from these districts, the problem of connectivity will also be solved in other hill districts of the state and rural areas of plain districts.
- According to the proposal, 28 in Almora, 97 in Bageshwar, 123 in Chamoli, 103 in Champawat, 56 in Dehradun, 196 in Pauri, 06 in Haridwar, 60 in Nainital, 245 in Pithoragarh, 20 in Rudraprayag, 114 in Tehri, 05 in US Nagar, 149 in Uttarkashi Mobile towers will be installed.
Why In News?
On August 6, 2022, Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaj in Haridwar informed that preparations are being made by the Tourism Department to build a Jyotirlinga circuit in the state. Through this circuit, devotees will be able to visit all the 12 Jyotirlingas of the country.
- The Tourism Minister said that in a short period, devotees will be able to see all the 12 Jyotirlingas of the country through the Jyotirlinga Circuit through charter planes. For this, the benefits of those airports will be taken at the places where there are airports. At the same time, helicopters will also be used in many places.
- The Tourism Minister said that along with the Jyotirlinga circuit, the Nath sect circuit will be made in the state and it will be connected to Gorakhpur. For this, the state government will soon sign an MoU with Uttar Pradesh.
- The Tourism Minister said that there has been a lot of publicity of the Nath sect in the mountains. There are many caves of Guru Gorakhnath here. His connection with Gorakhpur will be established by forming the Nath Circuit.
- In the states where there are Jyotirlingas, the talk of making Jyotirling circuits has also started. This circuit will start from Kedarnath and will be connected to the places where Jyotirlingas are located.
Switch to Hindi