Why In News?
- On August 8, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Vocational Education and Skill Development Kapil Dev Agarwal informed that the state government has announced its decision to upgrade Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) with an aim to improve vocational training, for which an amount of Rs 4,000 crore has been allocated.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Vocational Education and Skill Development Kapil Dev Agarwal said the government will tie up with a private organisation for technical upgradation of ITIs.
- In the first phase, the state government has selected 50 ITIs for upgradation, for which Rs 4,000 crore has been allocated. Also, centers will be started to improve the employment skills of students in secondary education schools. For this, two colleges in each district and 150 colleges across the state have been selected.
- It is noteworthy that the Uttar Pradesh government has set up 10 new ITIs in the private sector, where the work of imparting training will start soon. Besides, construction of 15 new government ITIs has been completed and will be inaugurated soon.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) Kapil Dev Agarwal said that in the financial year 2022-23, the government had identified 29 sectors in which more than two lakh youth will be trained, under which about 10,000 youth will be trained in aviation and 33,021 for healthcare.
Why In News?
- According to the recently released jal shakti ministry report, Uttar Pradesh has reached the first place in the country in the testing of water samples. Uttar Pradesh has left behind states like Chhattisgarh, Kerala, Jharkhand, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh in testing water samples.
- Uttar Pradesh Jal Shakti Minister Swatantra Dev Singh informed that the women of the state have completed the testing of 11,97,890 water samples in 20,756 villages. 69,279 water samples have been found contaminated in the test done with FTK kit. Necessary action has been taken at 12,919 places.
- According to the report of the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India, women have tested 11,60,940 water samples in 17,823 villages in Chhattisgarh and they are second. In terms of water testing with FTK kits, Kerala is at number three, Odisha at number four and Madhya Pradesh at number five.
- The continuous monitoring of the state government and the action plan of Namami Gange and Rural Water Supply Department have given a new impetus to this campaign of Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh, which was outside the top 10 till a few days ago, has made its presence felt at the number one position in the country, moving fast.
- In order to provide pure water from taps to the people, the state government has also started a campaign to train five women for water testing in every village across the state.
- The aim of the state government is to provide pure water to the people along with providing tap water to every household in the state.
Switch to Hindi