Uttar Pradesh Government Will Upgrade ITI
- 09 Aug 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On August 8, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Vocational Education and Skill Development Kapil Dev Agarwal informed that the state government has announced its decision to upgrade Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) with an aim to improve vocational training, for which an amount of Rs 4,000 crore has been allocated.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Vocational Education and Skill Development Kapil Dev Agarwal said the government will tie up with a private organisation for technical upgradation of ITIs.
- In the first phase, the state government has selected 50 ITIs for upgradation, for which Rs 4,000 crore has been allocated. Also, centers will be started to improve the employment skills of students in secondary education schools. For this, two colleges in each district and 150 colleges across the state have been selected.
- It is noteworthy that the Uttar Pradesh government has set up 10 new ITIs in the private sector, where the work of imparting training will start soon. Besides, construction of 15 new government ITIs has been completed and will be inaugurated soon.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) Kapil Dev Agarwal said that in the financial year 2022-23, the government had identified 29 sectors in which more than two lakh youth will be trained, under which about 10,000 youth will be trained in aviation and 33,021 for healthcare.