Why In News?
- On August 8, 2022, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the 'Sampoorna Kayakalp Abhiyan' of the Health Department at Kushabhau Thakre Sabhagruha and transferred an amount of Rs 66 crore to the accounts of in-charges of health institutions of the state in the campaign.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also honoured district hospitals and other health institutions with Kayakalp Awards and gave away awards in different categories.
- The Chief Minister gave kayakalp awards to the district hospitals for the best operation of health services. Vidisha District Hospital was given the first prize of Rs 50 lakh, District Hospital Dewas got the second prize of Rs 20 lakh and District Hospital Satna got the third prize of Rs 10 lakh.
- Minister of Public Health and Family Welfare Dr. Prabhuram Chaudhary said that the rejuvenation campaign was started in the year 2015. Earlier, 65 health institutions were awarded. In the year 2021-22, kayakalp award is being given to 395 health institutions of the state.
- He said that a complete rejuvenation campaign is being launched to make government hospitals more convenient.
- On this occasion, Additional Chief Secretary (Health) Mohammad Suleman said that under the Sampoorna Kayakalp Abhiyan, development of infrastructure and maintenance of buildings, availability of medical equipment and furniture, testing in institutions, adequate availability of services and medicines, development of new treatment services for dialysis and cancer, strengthening of blood bank and blood storage These include expansion of telemedicine services to address the shortage of specialists, development of beneficiary-oriented services for patients and promotion of public participation in health services.
Why In News?
- On August 8, 2022, Vinod Agarwal, MD of Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles Limited, met Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan at Kushabhau Thakre Sabhagruha and informed him about the proposed investment of Rs 1,500 crore in the state.
- While handing over a copy of the proposed project to Chief Minister Chouhan, Vinod Agarwal apprised him of the project proposal prepared for capacity expansion of the existing units of the company.
- Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicle Limited had set up the first unit in the state in the year 1986. At present, 8 units are operational in Pithampur and Bagroda, in which more than 32,000 people are getting direct and indirect employment.
- The material is supplied to all the units of the company by 110 auto component units of Madhya Pradesh. New product manufacturing is proposed to expand the existing capacity of the units.
- Chief Minister Chouhan assured the MD of the company that full cooperation will be provided to the company by the state government. All necessary facilities will be provided as per the prescribed policy. He said that such industries are the need of the hour and will also provide employment to a large number of youth.
Switch to Hindi