Why in News?
- Recently, India's first premium electric inter-city coach services NueGo brand announced the commencement of its operations by launching its services on the Bhopal-Indore Electric Intercity Bus Service route.
- This bus service will provide a seamless booking experience, better ride quality and cabin experience for inter-city commuters while ensuring a safe and green ride.
- NueGo services will be available on the Bhopal-Indore route at a special inaugural offer of Rs 349 per seat.
- The company said that NueGo coaches have been equipped with innovative technology. It provides end-to-end facility for inter-city commuters, with coaches running on hourly basis between Bhopal-Indore.
- In Bhopal, the coach route will pass through ISBT, Bhopal Railway Station, Lalghati, Sehore, while in Indore it will pass through Star Square, Radisson Square, Vijay Nagar and Sarwate Bus Stand.
- Coaches of NueGo, a customer-centric brand, go through 25 rigorous safety checks including mechanical and electrical inspections. Before every trip coaches are sanitized and coach pilots are tested for breath analyzer.
- NueGo Services provides live coach tracking, drop point geo-location and monitor in-coach CCTV surveillance. This electric coach can cover 250 km on a single charge with air conditioner in traffic conditions. These coaches have completed two lakh km of road trials in the months preceding the commencement of the services.
- NueGo will provide a complete travel experience with its world class electric coach services. Soon this service will be expanded to other cities of the country.
- Satish Mandhana, Director of Greencell Mobility, said NueGo aims to promote the use of sustainable public transport with zero tailpipe emissions on inter-city routes. (Emissions standards for tailpipes specify the maximum amount of pollutants allowed in exhaust gases from an internal combustion engine.)
Switch to Hindi