Why In News?
On August 7, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, while addressing the 7th meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Rashtrapati Bhavan, said that Madhya Pradesh will contribute $ 550 billion to make India a $ 5 trillion economy.
- In the meeting, the Chief Minister informed that the roadmap of self-reliant Madhya Pradesh was developed in the state in the year 2020 itself. Madhya Pradesh has achieved a growth rate of 19.74 percent in the year 2021-22.
- The state is spending 4 percent of the GDP and a provision of Rs 48 thousand 800 crore has been made for capital expenditure for the financial year 2022-23 , which is the highest ever.
- The Chief Minister said that the area under mustard and summer moong has registered an increase in the state. Production of pulses, ragi, barley, coarse cereals , kodo-kutki, ramtil, sesame, spices, medicinal crops, fruits and vegetables is being promoted through the Agricultural Diversification Incentive Scheme in place of wheat and paddy.
- Under this scheme, 13 proposals have been received from private companies like ITC, Patanjali, Dehat in agricultural diversification in one lakh 86 thousand hectare area, out of which two proposals have been approved.
- Chief Minister Shri Chouhan informed that Devaranya Yojana has been started by the state government, in which medicinal plants will be produced in 10 thousand hectares of land in three years. In the last 5 years, bamboo has been produced in mission mode in an area of 11 thousand hectares in the state. State Natural Farming Board has been constituted in Madhya Pradesh to promote natural farming.
- Giving information about the use of modern technology in farming, the Chief Minister said that crop insurance registration has been linked to the land records of the state, which has succeeded in preventing over and duplicate insurance. Also, satellite-based remote sensing technology is being used for yield assessment in insurance payments. With these effective use of technology, there is a potential to save about Rs 2500 crore in the agriculture sector.
- E-Girdawari application has been implemented for the convenience of farmers and revenue staff. 'Farm Gate App' has also been developed to sell their produce to farmers at a reasonable price from their homes. It has been decided to pay subsidy in agricultural machinery in the state through e-RUPI vouchers.
- Discussing the implementation of the National Education Policy, the Chief Minister said that Madhya Pradesh has made a big jump in the National Achievement Survey for the year 2021 and reached the 5thposition in the country. A successful campaign is being run to connect the public in the rejuvenation of anganwadis through the 'Adopt an Anganwadi' campaign in the state.
- The Chief Minister said that from the session 2022-23, M.S.B.B.S. The study is being started in Hindi medium. Also, in 6 engineering colleges of the state, B. Tech. Arrangements have been made to study in the Hindi of the program and diploma course in 6 polytechnic colleges.
- Giving information about the initiatives being taken towards good governance in the state, the Chief Minister said that for the first time in the country, the State Statistical Commission has been constituted in the state, through which the work of collecting and analyzing data from the development block to the state level will be done. A mechanism for their development has been developed by determining 50 aspirational development blocks in the state. A new water policy and a new cooperative policy are also being formulated in the state.
Why In News?
On August 7, 2022, several weavers and craftsmen, including orchard print craftsman Rashida Bi, selected for the National Award Year-2021, were felicitated at the 8th National Handloom Day celebrations held at Gauhar Mahal to honour the art of handloom craftsmen and weavers and enrich the handloom industry.
- Principal Secretary, Cottage and Village Industries Smita Bhardwaj and Commissioner--Managing Director Handlooms, Sant Ravidas Madhya Pradesh Handicrafts and Handloom Development Corporation Anubha Srivastava felicitated the weavers and craftsmen at the function.
- Bag print craftsman Rashida Bi, who was selected for the National Award for the year 2021, was felicitated at the ceremony. It is noteworthy that orchard craftsman Rashida Bi has been selected for the National Award by the Union Ministry of Textiles. He will get this award on the fine workmanship of the garden print on the sheet.
- He has mastered the art of stamp printing in village Bagh of Dhar district. Earlier, he has received state-level awards in the year 2012 and 2014. He is the world famous UNESCO Award winning master craftsman of garden print. Abdul Kader is khatri's wife.
- On the occasion of National Handloom Day, sarees developed by weavers of Chanderi, featuring khajuraho temple and sanchi stupa design and Maheshwar fort design, showcasing the unique heritage designs of carvings done on the architectural heritage and heritage of Madhya Pradesh in the traditional handloom cluster Chanderi, were felicitated.
- Among them, Kalawati Koli for the design of Khajuraho Temple, Ghanshyam Koli for the design of Sanchi Stupa, Mohammad Gufran Ahmed for the design of Maheshwar Fort and Mohammad Abdul Aman for graph design of Maheshwar Fort were honored.
Switch to Hindi